Sunday, May 2, 2010

Little Miss Marlo



My BFF, Pooh, had her daughter, Marlo, the day after Easter. She had Marlo natural, as she had with her other two kids. She is Superwoman, I think. I think I would rather die than attempt to have a baby natural! I'm a wimp.

I like to pretend that Marlo is named after me, since we have the "arl" in our names in common. :)

I went down to SLC a few days after Marlo's birth to meet the new little woman and to help out. Ben couldn't have been sweeter about letting me go and about dealing with my kiddos alone for an entire weekend. I'm pretty sure he wins Best Husband Award of 2010.

Pooh told me she wanted me to stay there at her house, and I felt really badly, like I was maybe intruding. Newborn Time is a very, very difficult time for mommies. The hormones coursing through your body are nutty. Your milk is coming in. You feel overwhelmed, weepy, and weird. You want to do stuff around your house, but you just... can't. It's the worst feeling in the world. And it lasts like a week and a half, at least for me. I was worried that I was going to add to the overwhelmingness, but Pooh kept telling me that me being there was a help. I hope so.

I made her breakfast one day and did her dishes. But besides that, I did a whole lot of nothing. And it felt great. I'm starting to realize that I'm less nauseated if I just sit around all day. If only I could use that nausea remedy for the rest of my pregnancy. Cazzie, Pooh's hubs, was great.

He would go out and get us food and keep his sons kind of out of Pooh's hair, and I think that probably helped her a lot. Pooh's son, Judge:

And Bishop:

She and I just watched TV and held Marlo all day. It was bliss. I didn't leave the house once until it was time for me to go home. And can I just say - Pooh's couch is sooo comfortable. I'm a couch lover with this pregnancy. Still cannot sleep in my bed. It's special.

Pooh's boys are sooo in love with this little girl. Every time they came home from something, they would rush right over to her and ask if they could hold her.

Sometimes they would argue over who got to hold her - "Hey! I called her first!!"

Dylie is so self-centered that he barely notices when I have a baby. I swear he didn't know Sadie existed until she was six months old. He's a nutter, as the British would say.

When the boys were home, we would watch reruns of that show, A Minute to Win It. They are huge fans of that show. Bishie's birthday is this month, and they are going to have an A Minute to Win It birthday party. They were having so much fun explaining the rules to me. It really is a pretty entertaining show. I think Bishie's party is going to rock.

I wish I had DVR like Pooh's fam. Dang. That is a nice feature. Sadie always wants to watch Chowder on Cartoon Network, but we don't have DVR, so if it's not on, tough noogies. Sadie doesn't understand that. Why can't we turn on Chowder whenever we want? Same with songs on the radio. That "Tik Tok" song by Kesha is her favorite. She calls it "See the Sunlight." "Mom, can we listen to 'See the Sunlight?'" And she doesn't understand that I can't just turn that song on per request.

That reminds me of something Bishie was doing while I was down there. He was really proud that he had every word of the chorus of "Tik Tok" memorized. He would sing it over and over again. One time, after he finished singing it to me, Cazzie burst into the room and started stomping and clapping while doing that girly rapping part of the song:

I'm talkin' bout'
Pedicure on our toes, toes,
Tryin' on all our clothes, clothes...

It was really funny.

Anyways, as for Marlo, she is teeny weeny. Pooh has little babies. I have enormous babies. She was just so fuzzy and smelled so good. I held her as much as I could. She is soooo cute. And I am sooooooo baby hungry.

Pooh's been asking me for like 20 years to go to Sandpoint with her - they have an annual trip up there every summer. While I was down there, we finally nailed down plans to do it! Come July, we are outta here to enjoy some sun and fun. I can't wait. I plan on spending lots of time in the water, enjoying the weightlessness on my soon-to-be enormous belly. Oh wait. It already IS enormous. And I plan on spending lots of time playing with those adorable boys of hers and cuddling her little Marlo woman and talking and talking with Poohie.

No pics of the Poohmeister from my trip down. She was in no mood for photos. I understand. :)

Love you, Pooh.

And I'm sorry, Utah friends, that I didn't have time to visit the rest of you. I got there really late on Friday night and left really early on Sunday morning. I wanted to visit friends on Sunday, but I knew that, if people weren't at church, they were getting ready for church, and I didn't want to stand in the way of that. And I was missing my hubby. I wanted to get back to him ASAP. C'est la vie. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I wish they lived here. I think I would really like them. Especially Cazzie.

spoonTRex said...

That's awesome that Ben let you drive down for the weekend! And I'm glad you had a good time lounging on Pooh's comfy couch and holding Marlo. Sounds nice and relaxing!:)

Anonymous said...

Ooops, spoonTRex was me. I didn't realize Mark was signed in. Hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...