Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How I Feel About Leaving "Leprechaun Messes"

So. On St. Patrick's Day, I got a text from my cousin, Kortney. It said, "Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!" I figured it was one of those texts that you can send to everyone in your texting list or whatever, right? So I texted her back, "You, too!" (My text messages are notoriously short. My phone is really dumb and difficult to text on, so I keep my messages short and sweet.) A few seconds later, the texting extravaganza began. Somehow, everyone that replied to Kortney's message, sent a message to each one of the people she had sent her original message to. So I was getting all of these messages: "You, too, Kort! Miss you!" "Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too, Kortney! Are you wearing green?" etc.

One person in particular wrote back to Kort (and I, of course, also received the text), "You, too! Did you do anything fun?" Kort wrote back something about "those pesky leprechauns" leaving a big mess in her house. So she, like, turned chairs upside-down and spilled stuff all over, so that her kids could see that the leprechauns had been there. And then her friend is like, "I did something like that, too!"

This was news to me. I was like, "Making a mess in your house? To celebrate St. Patrick's Day? I don't know how I feel about this..."

Apparently, I missed the mom memo, because the next day, a couple of friends' blogs showed what those "pesky leprechauns" had done in their houses. Mindi's leprechauns spilled green rice all over the floor, among other things. Camille's leprechauns (sorry; her blog is private) turned couches backwards and upside down. (But at least they were nice enough to leave those chocolate gold pieces all over to make up for it.)

So I think this is the new fad, this "messmaking leprechauns" thing. And I gotta say... I don't think I'm going to be able to do that. My house is such a pigsty already. To make a mess on purpose.... It just goes against every OCD fiber in my body. I think it's an adorable idea, and their kids will always have fond memories of St. Patrick's Day because of the pesky leprechauns, but I think I'm going to have to deprive my children in this instance. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny!! I'm on the same page as you though. I don't want to make a mess on purpose!! lol

Emily Empey said...

How funny! I love it!!! Not a bad idea if you only do it on the kitchen table :) I dont know if I could do it though!!

Unknown said...

UGH. don't you know... it's not OCD, it's CDO (in aphabetical order like it's SUPPOSED to be!)

I can't do the messes either :)

Lyndsay said...

Amen, Kar, I am so with you. I have enough messes to clean up, no way am I adding to the disaster that is my house!!!

Camille said...

I'm not sure where we got the idea....I think from Brad's family. Not mine and it's really not THAT big of deal to swap the furniture upside down.
PS - I took my blog back public again (I think I got rid of that nasty person I didn't want reading it).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...