Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 13...

...of the 31-Day Blog Challenge - your favorite musician and why.

My favorite musician changes OFTEN. Right now, I'm obsessed with Adele:


I had heard her name before, but hadn't heard any of her songs until my favorite spinning teacher started playing her music. Oh my goodness, what a voice. Very soulful. To me, she's like the British Aretha Franklin. Two of my favorite songs of hers are "Set Fire to the Rain" and, especially, "Rolling in the Deep":

Oh my goodness, when I hear that song on the radio, I have to turn it WAY up. I love those thumping piano chords, and the soul singers in the background. I have officially uploaded her onto my imaginary iPod. I so need one of those. Maybe I should buy one with my birthday money.... Nah. I'd rather have clothes. I'll just have Ben download Adele's newest album (both of these songs are on it) on his iTunes account and burn me a CD to play incessantly in my car.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

K, gonna have to check her out, never heard of her. Once Glenn switches to a commercial break I'll hit play on the video!!

Lyndsay said...

Wow! She can sing!! Gonna check out her other songs now. Loved the video, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I got goosebumps! Now, that could be just a cold draft, but I think it was from the music! Gorgeous voice!!

Camille said...

Awesome - thanks for sharing. I loved that song. Maybe I'll have to pick up the sheet music for that song, cuz that sounds like I could have some fun hitting those chords! (I'm totally picking up the piano again after 15 years.....it's time. It reminds me of your post on dancing. I miss it and and I need it!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...