Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 10...



...of the 31-Day Blog Challenge - a photo of your favorite place to eat.

Yikes, that's really hard. But I'd say the place I love and miss the most is Benihana:


Oh baby. That amazing onion mushroom soup:



The Hibachi vegetables and chicken...



Their salad with ginger dressing.... and their fried rice... ah. Fugeddaboutit. It's amazing. I kind of messed around with some ingredients and figured out the recipe for their fried rice. I make it every now and then when I'm yearning for some Benihana goodness. Benihana is the only place whose shrimp I will eat. And that's saying something, because I really, really hate seafood. But the shrimp they grill... it just tastes kind of like chicken.


I don't even remember the last time I went there to eat. San Diego? Like, four years ago? Sad. And I had a cold, so I couldn't even taste the food. I soooo wish we had one of those here.


If you ever eat there, let me warn you - you will smell like Japanese food for the rest of the night. In fact, plan on washing every single thing you wore in there, plus take a good long shower when you get home. Or you will smell. It's a good smell when you're inside the restaurant, but if you try to go to a movie or a show afterwards, everyone around you will hate your guts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I've never been to Benihana, but I did watch Michael (from the Office, the TV show) go there a few years ago:)

Patty said...

I haven't been. Isn't there one in Salt Lake? That's where they make the onion volcanoes and flip things into their hats, right? We were watching Mad Men which is set in the 60s and they went to Benihana on that show! I was so surprised it was that old.
AND! You are so considerate of people around you. I would not think twice about smelling like food at a movie. You win the global congeniality award.

Lyndsay said...

I've never been either, but there's a place in Boise called Tepanyaki that does the cook the food in front of you thing and it is the best food EVER!!! Now I'm hungry, thanks!!

Mindy H. said...

Yummy. Very, very yummy.

And, since I am a comment slacker lately, I want to add how freakin' awesome your St. Patricks Day celebration was. You never cease to amaze me.

Unknown said...

:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...