Saturday, April 30, 2011

Babyness in a Can

That's what I sometimes call Gage. I don't know why. We say weird things to babies, don't we? Ben always says, "Gage, you are the babiest baby."

Gagey is allllmost 9 months old. I cannot BELIEVE it. It makes me a little sad. He's my last, and the time is going by way, way, way too fast.

He still struggles with sitting. We have lots of sitting practice, he and I. And his therapist works with him a lot.

I wanted to take a picture of mom-less sitting practice for you. He starts out good for about one second in his boppy:



Then he falls and he can't get up:



Compounded by the fact that his big brother is laying on him:



He's been getting on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. Today, he was striking the Downward Facing Dog Yoga pose. I tried to snap a picture of it, but he would collapse and grin at me every time I tried. I honestly wonder if he's going to crawl before he learns to sit up??? That would be really weird.


He's been jabbering a lot, saying cute baby things like, "DoT! DoT!!" And "Bwah, bwah, bwah."



He really hates cuddling. He wants to be on the move, always.



He rolls all over the living room, but he can't really roll with a purpose yet. He'll trap himself in a corner and then look around like, "How did I get here? How do I get out??"



He's obsessed with blowing raspberries. Which means that he spits his baby food on me a LOT. It's gross.



He loves grabbing on my hair and pulling on it HARD. Another reason I'm so excited to get my hair chopped off this weekend. Did I not tell you? I'm chopping off... I don't know... maybe a foot of hair? I want the Charlize Theron in Aeon Flux haircut. I'm soooo ready. Snip snip.


Back to the baby man. Sorry for the deviation.


He's cut himself down to two naps per day. His fave nap is in the morning. I usually have to wake him up so that he gets lunch at a decent time.



Peek-a-boo is hilarious to him. He could play it for hours.



Gage is such a blessing in our house. He's an Indian in a house full of chieftains. (I really, really needed another Indian. Can you guess who the chieftains are? Hahaha!)


He's just the best.

4 comments:

Emily Empey said...

ohhh my heck... he is looking so old!! I really need to hold that baby!! he is so cute! LOVE this post!

Patty said...

Those sparkly eyes.... gorgeous.

Unknown said...

What a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE all these pictures!! He is getting so big and he's such a cutie!! He looks SO much like Micah!!:) CUTE CUTE!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...