Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm gearing up...

 ...to make some more cards.  I have some paper on hand that I'm dying to use.  It will be perfect for what I want to make - Thinking of You-type cards.  I've needed some of those in the past few months. 

I was practically falling asleep while doing dishes late this afternoon, so I decided to get out my idea books and flip through them for inspiration/close my eyes and snooze off and on.  The kids decided to help me:
Can I just stop here and point out how cute my kids' feet are??  You can see Gage's little pudgy feet, and then in the bottom pic, you can see Micah's cute little feet on the bottom right hand side of the picture.  I'm obsessed with my kids' feet.  I could squish them all day.  I often ask Micah if I can have his toes for dessert.  He always giggles and says yes. :)
After the boys lost interest in the idea books, Sadie took them to her bedroom.  She's flipping through them right now.  They really are fun to look at.

After I drank a Coke and sufficiently woke up, we took a trip to the craft store to buy a few supplies that I needed:
And then we headed over to Staples.  I like using metal-rimmed tags on my cards sometimes, and the only place in town that has them is Staples, in their Martha Stewart Home Office section.  I'm wanting to use square metal-rimmed tags for this project, but unfortunately, they only had round ones.  I'm going to try to use these and see if I can get it to work out okay:
They're square-ish metallic stickers  We'll see how it goes.  I'm really excited - I loooove making cards.  I'll show you the finished results when I get done with them.

My friend, Jason, is an actor living in Japan.  He has this fan blog and he does giveaways on it every now and then.  He wants to do a giveaway with some of my homemade cards, so these will be nice to add to the other types that I have on hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited to see the finished cards!! I know they will be just gorgeous!! :) I love it when you share crafty stuff on your blog:) hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...