Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's getting harder.

A couple of weeks ago, someone in my ward was asking how things were without Ben here.  I thought a minute and then said, "You know, I thought it would get easier as time went on, but I feel like it's getting harder and harder.  I wonder why that is."  Because it's true. I'm more tired every day.  I'm more sad every day.  I feel more alone every day.

She kind of patted my shoulder sympathetically and we said our goodbyes.

A different friend, Jennifer, had overheard my conversation.  "You know why it's getting harder, Karlenn," she said.  "It's because the kids are out of school.  My life is a whole lot harder now that the kids are home all day."

It was like a lightbulb went off in my head.  Duhhhhhhhh.  Of course it's harder when the kids are home all day!  They're all up in my grill all day long.  They're killing me, Smalls.  (What movie?)
(Sadie and Micah thought it would be fun to get close to the sprinklers, then set up an umbrella so they and their towels wouldn't get wet.  They're silly.)

But here is my plan to help with the summer doldrums - swimming lessons.  And revisiting my chore chart.  It's time for some structure.

2 comments:

The Dillons said...

The movie is Sandlot :) But my mom always told us she hated us home all day during the summer. i can see how that would be harder. I will need to come visit you sometime.

Lyndsay said...

Ugh, so sorry Kar! Hope the swimming lessons helped. Since we can't afford to go on a vacation we're taking one day a week to do something fun. The kids really look forward to it and it helps break up their daily battles - just a thought. Our library has a summer reading program, so we're using as many of those freebies we get from there as possible. Does the IF library do something similar?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...