Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 1...

...of the 31-Day Blog Challenge - A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was. This is a pic of me and the Benner - we took it yesterday:

My day. Um, as Ben's dad would say, "Same crap, different day." Micah spilled his cereal this morning, not once, but twice. Dylan was a jerk until he left - it takes about an hour for his ADHD medicine to take effect, so he just runs around screeching all morning long. He does anything he can to piss me off in the mornings. I open up a Coke and keep swigging it to help me get through that hour with him. He runs around naked, which totally offends Sadie. He finally left, and I heaved a sigh of relief. Micah and Gage both pooped like five times today, I kid you not. It was special for me. Yesssss, I'm going to potty-train Micah. But not until he turns three. That's another thing Judgmental OT keeps hinting at in a totally passive-aggressive way: "Micah, when are you going to poop in the potty like a big boy? When is your mommy going to make you learn to go potty??" Dude. I'm totally calling my service coordinator tomorrow and asking her for a different OT. I'm sick of it. Ben was sick all night (I think it's because he ate like four artichokes last night - I don't think his body is used to that much fiber in one blow), so he called in sick and slept until eleven or so, then felt better. He made eggs and toast for his breakfast/my lunch. He's really good at making eggs overeasy. He can flip them up in the air, like professional chefs do. The eggs were yummy. Then he headed in to work. I managed to do a load of dishes this morning, which was a miracle. Micah's developmental therapist had to cancel her session with him today, so I tweaked my grocery list, sent Sadie off to school, and took Mikey and Gage with me grocery shopping. Micah dawdled the whole time. He is a Slow Walker. Gage did his yelling thing because he was bored: "Bahhhhh! BAHHHHHHHHH!!!" I got so many cute, cute things! I'm totally excited. I'm making green food/Irish food for all three meals on St. Patrick's Day. My kids and hubby are just going to DIE. My good friend, Pats, came over to hang out this afternoon. Her little man is so mobile. It's fun to watch him roll around, army crawl, etc. I bought some Mexican soda today - I needed the green glass bottle for another St. Patty's Day thing (I'll post about it soon) - so I dared her to try it. She said it was gross. I tried it, too - it tasted like raisins, but in soda form. Really gross. I dumped the rest down the drain. The kiddos came home from school, and Dylan told me that this stupid Jesus kid (that just looks wrong - think "hey zeus") keeps making fun of him, and that he keeps telling his teacher, but that she's not doing anything about it. I'm still fuming about it. I'm totally calling the principal tomorrow. Mama Bear has awoken. It's time to kick butt and take names. Made turkey rolls and spinach salad for dinner, but didn't have time to eat before I had to take off for spinning class. I really should have jogged today, but I couldn't resist. I burned 465 calories today, baby. Now I'm totally sweaty. I'm sitting in my office at work, scanning files, with my heater turned way up and my door closed to keep the heat in. I'm ffffffreezing from the sweat that has cooled off on my body. I need to head upstairs in a few minutes to clean bathrooms. Then I'll head home, eat a late dinner, go to bed, and probably fall asleep in about five seconds. Life is busy, but good.

9 comments:

spoonTRex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I totally want to do this! I love reading about what other people do during their days! I'm a wierdo, I know. lol UGH, Brynnan spilt his cereal today and I FREAKED out!! If Mark had been there Brynnan probably wouldn't be alive to tell the tale. LOL Mark hates messes and cleaning them up. He's so lucky he's not a mom!! All he has to do is change the occasional diaper and go grocery shopping for me! What an easy life that would be! hahah

Jenny said...

Great picture of you and Ben! And I like the one of Gage in your header. He is adorable. I think you are right on to wait to Micah is 3. Mine haven't been ready before that and it's just awful for both of us. I vote for a new OT. Good luck!

Nat said...

"Same crap, different day." I should stitch that onto a pillow, because that's seriously my life to a T!

I hope I didn't deter you for too long on getting to your phone calls today.

Oh, and I totally go grocery shopping by myself. For a while I was taking one kid with me at a time (which I should do so I can spend time one-on-one with that kid), but it's just so much easier to go alone. Troy dawdles, too. Maybe it's a third kid thing. Or a that height thing, since they're the same height! :)

J + A Humphreys said...

Love that pic of you and Ben. So cute. Also a fan of the 'crap' quote. hahah! That's awesome.

Mindy H. said...

I just read your posts from the last week (I have been a bit of a blog slacker lately) and have to tell you how stinkin' cool you are. And I love the photo of you and Ben. Beautiful!

Ben said...

Isn't she so b-e-a-utiful!

Emily Empey said...

WHOA Ben commented!? I didnt know he even read!! That is a great pic of you and Ben!

Lyndsay said...

Seriously cute picture!!

Nice OT. Obviously she doesn't have children? Hope you got a new one by now. How did your St. Patty's day dinner go? Sorry about the messed up mint instructions for the pie!! What did you use the green bottle for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...