Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tough Crowd



Today, my mama came to visite moi. It was a nice surprise. I was about to settle my brain for a long winter's nap, but her visit refreshed me just as much as a nap would have. And let's be honest - can I really, truly get in a good nap with my oldest two awake? No.

So anyways, Mom was on one side of the couch, and I was on the other, and Sades was in between us, cuddling with Mom. It was cute. At one point, Sades looked up at Mom and said, "Did you bruss your teef dis morning?" Mom's all, "Well, yeah. Why?" Sadie paused, trying to find a nice way to say it. And then Mom figured out what Sadie was implying. "Ohhhh. Do I have bad breath? I'm sorry!" It was really funny. I felt like I had bad breath, too, so I got some gum out for all three of us. Then Mom and I continued to chat.

Suddenly, Sadie jerks away from Mom, looks at her accusingly, and says, "Thay it, don't thpray it, Gramma." I guess Mom had gleaked on her. Mom just couldn't win, I guess. It was funny.

Sadie really just says what she feels or thinks. She doesn't have much of a filter yet. My aunt is a little overweight. She came over a few months ago. Sadie looked at her and said, "You're big and fat! You're like a big round ball!" It was awful. I was so embarrassed. I talk to her about this kind of thing all the time. Hopefully soon she'll get it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Missy does that too to some extent... but with her she is kinda shy so I don't have to worry about the rude comments to others so much as to her brothers and her parents :P

Must be the age.

Emily Empey said...

haha OH MY! Sadie is hilarious!! tell it like it is baby!
FILTER!

Patty said...

Yes. Dear. Sweet. Sadie. I beliee she told me that I have big teeth and then scratched that and said I had HUGE teeth! Which I do.

Nat said...

My kids don't have filters, either. When Jake was in kindergarten he was friends with "Fat Duty". :( And my kids tell me all the time to stop singing, especially when I do opera voice and dance around in the kitchen. Oh well.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Haha The breath thing cracks me up! And I love that she used the classic 'say it don't spray it'. I am sure someone has said that to me at least once (even as a joke) in my life, and I am pretty sure I wanted to punch them in the face (probably my older brother). haha.

I am not sure if many kids have filters...the other day I was at the park with my friend and her kids. One of her daughters says to me "Melissa, are you going to get up here and play with us"...I said, "Well I could, but I probably wont" to which she replies, "Because you are fat, right?"

Yes Chloe, because I am fat! Nice. At least someone will tell it like it is!

Lyndsay said...

Gotta love kids - they're definitely not afraid of honesty!!! Good or bad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...