Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Seven Montharoos! (The Fun Version)

To read the un-fun version, go here. Have I ever told you how excited I am that I never, ever have to be pregnant again???

Gage is seven months old now, and just as cute as can be. We love him so much. I cannot stop smooching his cheeks. I think he gets annoyed with me sometimes.

Gage is still very chill, which is so wonderful. We really need that in our home. For sure. Look at this picture of him - it makes me crack up:

He used to do the yelling thing when he was bored, but now I'm noticing that he also yells when he's hungry or tired: "Bahhhhhhhh!!! BAHHHHHHHHHH!!!" He's got a set of lungs on him. He gets that from his daddy. We were at Nat's house the other night and he was yelling so loudly that we couldn't hear each other, so I put him in Nat's bed and he fell asleep. He had just woken up and eaten before Nat's, but I guess he was still tired.

He is a daredevil. He loves being tossed in the air and lifted really high. He loves roughhousing. He really, really wishes he could stand up. His favorite toy is his bouncer, because he can just push and push on those legs. He doesn't really like to cuddle. He likes to use me as his human jungle gym.

I think that he thinks I'm the most boring person in the world. He hardly ever looks right at me. He looks around me, to the side, up high... never right at me. Unless I'm roughhousing, like he likes. Then he looks right at me and smiles and smiles.

He's very easy to smile, but he doesn't laugh very often. I love to hear his laugh.

He is a huge fan of Ben and Micah. He could stare at Ben or Micah all day long. He thinks they are exciting and really, really funny. Again, Mom=Boring. I am his food provider. And his human jungle gym. Oh well. I have two other snuggly kids, so at least that, right? Here he is, staring at Micah:

Staring at Micah again:

He really isn't a fan of eating or drinking. They get in the way of him wiggling around. Meal time is not a fun time in our house for him. Or for Micah, come to think of it. Or Sadie. Hm. I introduced meats and fruits this month. He detests the meat and tolerates the fruit. It's weird. My other kids were so in love with eating, and with the baby fruit, especially. He's just not interested. We try our best.

The Thick-It continues to have been a miracle in our lives. He hardly barfs AT ALL. It's amazing.

His torticollis comes and goes. This week has been a really "crooked week" for him. For like three weeks before, he was straight as an arrow. I don't know what brings it on. We do lots of stretching to help. (By the way, we have a new OT!!! I'm sooooo excited. Go me for standing up for my kiddos. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, go here.)

He is still so in love with his feet, and it's his constant quest to remove his socks. He does this thing now where he brings his fist to his face and extends it out, several times, rapidly. It reminds me of what cheerleaders do with their fists, you know? In-in-OUT. Bringing their fists from their chests and out. Anyways, he does it so rapidly that sometimes he ends up smacking his face. He stops, looks confused, like, "Who just punched me?" and then continues.

He's a self-soother. He's always sucking on his fist. I love that he soothes himself. That's a very nice quality for a baby to have, in my experience. :)

He likes to scratch stuff. When I'm changing him on his changing table, he just scratches and scratches at the wall. Or, if we're on the floor, he'll scratch at the baby wipes container.

He loves bath time, and he splashes very, very violently. I'm usually soaking wet by the time I'm done washing him.

He is definitely all boy. Maybe he can give Micah some Boy Lessons. :)

8 comments:

Emily Empey said...

haha give Micah boy lessons! Crack me up~ So I LOVE Gage! He is so stinking cute!! We need another hang out date! Deal!?

Also YAY for a new OT!!!

Jenny said...

what a cutie. way to go on the new ot. i hope you really like the new one.

ruby was so mad in the st. patty's day photo because she didn't want to be in it. she is currently anti-photo, but we made a deal. if i gave her green hair, she had to be in a picture. she paid up, but wasn't happy about it.

Unknown said...

Oh what a sweetheart! so glad you got a new OT. Hope this one is better! (nvm this one has to be better, the last one was HORRID!)

Gifford Family said...

That last picture of him sleeping is so precious!!! What a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie!! I can't believe he's already 7 months!!They grow way too fast!! I'm so glad you got a new OT!!

Carrie said...

So I read your first sentence and I felt really jealous! I sure wish I had the done feeling! Four is such a perfect number. Of course Gage is adorable.

Camille said...

Kar - he's getting soooo big! I can hardly believe how fast he's growing up.
Your awesome for documenting it all! You will love looking back and reading it - and so will Gage!
I'm with Carrie - jealous on the not having to be pregnant anymore part - but at this point, I'd just be happy to GET pregnant.

Lyndsay said...

That last picture is so sweet. Love it. Yeah, mom's are good for food and that's about it sometimes, huh?! I am lucky that Autumn loves to lay in my lap. I can't believe he's already 7 months!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...