Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yep. Still girly.

Micah continues to love all things feminine. It's interesting. He is, however, starting to make a distinction between "gul" things and "boy" things. It's just that he still wants the "gul" things. He'll put on Sadie's church shoes and say, "Gul shoes." Yeah, Micah. And you're a BOY. Or I'll be painting Sadie's toenails, and he'll say, "Onyee gul." (Only girl.) But he still stares longingly at us as I do it. Sorry, buddy. If you were a girl, I'd do it for you in a heartbeat.

So I try to spend extra time doing things with only him, to make him feel loved and special. We cook together. Which, to me, is something that both boys and girls should know how to do. We play games together. We cuddle. We read. (He always picks the Barbie book we have, of course. The one where the two friends got rescued by cute twin princes. Books like this do girls a disservice, dude. They make girls think that cute twin princes are out there, you know? Why can't the girls get out of the pickle by their own smarts??? This is a topic for a whole other blog post.)

Anyways, here are some pictures from Micah's adventures in Gul Territory.
"Painting" his fingernails with crayons:

Putting Sadie's hair clips on my garments/his hair:

Wearing Sadie's church shoes, but with his toes on the top instead of inside:

I could eat those toes for dinner, they are so dang cute:

Making those baby dangley thingeys into his own personal earrings:

Going rasta style with Sadie's hat on top of my garmie bottoms:

He is an interesting bloke.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I've painted my boys' nails a time or two - with a subtle color, of course. :) They seem to go through a phase where they want to try the "gul" things out, and then move on. Bentley used to love pink and want his nails painted, now he's tough. :)

Unknown said...

I used to paint Gavin's nails with clear or really light pink sometimes. I think it's fascinating for anyone, boy or girl :)

Emily Empey said...

How funny- Did you just add the coloring his fingernail with crayon- and the bow? haha i looked at this earlier and dont remember those?! Anyway He will grow out of it!!!

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm just going to say something and Kar, if you don't want it on here you can completely delete my comment here. You know me well enough to know the spirit in which I'm saying this and to know it is with no ill will.

I see lots of people (not just on this post so I'm not trying to single anyone out) saying definitively that he will grow out of it.

Realistically... he may not.

But that does not mean that any of us (and Kar I know you love him no matter what and he is a sweet boy that has loads of potential) should stop accepting him or loving him, in spite of (or hopefully including) all that he may or may not find enjoyable or drawn to in life.

He is a wonderful little guy with loads of personality. Give him great big hugs for me.

Again, Kar... you completely have my permission to delete this and I won't be offended or have any hurt feelings if you do.

Lyndsay said...

I must say my thoughts echo Aprillium's. So I second what she said. However, I also wouldn't pain my boys fingernails! Of course, I also don't take the time to do my girls. You're such a great mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...