Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 3...

...of the 31-Day Blog Challenge - Your idea of the perfect date. Here it is:

It's funny - if you had asked me this question, like, 15 years ago, I would have probably described something really over-the-top, something akin to the day dates you do for prom. I would have been like, "Breakfast served in the middle of an ice skating rink! And then ice skating! And then snowshoeing to a remote location, where a lunch is waiting in a warm-up lodge! But you have to eat your lunch with snow shovels! And then snowmobiling! And then dinner in a romantic cabin, in front of a roaring fire! And then a treasure hunt!" How exhausting. Who has that kind of energy? Not a 33-year-old mom. For me, dinner and a movie is such a treat. We don't often get to go on dates, and when we do, I want to be doing something that involves a lot of relaxation. Lots of sitting. So there you have it. My idea of a perfect date.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

relaxation.... AMEN!

Emily Empey said...

I AGREE 100%!

Nat said...

Dude, I thought you hated snow, but all the activities you mentioned in your prom-ish date were all snow activities. Hmm. Maybe you like the activities but hate the cold? But yeah, dinner and a movie is where it's at nowadays.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

DITTO, But you already read that :)

Lyndsay said...

So funny!! Yes, we do change as we age. Brad and I went to the Annivesrary Inn this past weekend and I just wanted to lay in the tub forever. No kids knocking at the door begging me to get out. Heaven I tell ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...