Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hiccups

I took Sades and Mikey with me to Albertson's last week - I had to pick up a prescription. Sadie has been saving up her allowance money for awhile, and she really wanted to get a toy while we were there. I told her that the toys in Alby's aren't fabulous or anything, but she insisted.

After I got my medicine, we headed down to the teeny-tiny toy section. She immediately saw the object of her desire - a little Disney princess purse that comes with two kinds of lip gloss and a hand mirror. It was well within her price range, so I said okay and started ushering the kids down the aisle.

And then I saw Micah's little eyes. He was staring at Sadie's new purse soooo longingly. He wasn't begging for it, but dang. He just melted my heart. So I went ahead, and for the first time, bought him something girly - his own identical purse to Sadie's.

It's just that... he doesn't play with any of his boy toys. He spends his whole day, every day, stealing Sadie's toys. I thought it might be nice, for once, for him to have a toy that he likes and doesn't try to steal from anyone else. So there you have it.

He LOVES his purse. He applies and re-applies his lip gloss, to the point where it's almost gone. And he sneaks over to Gage and puts lip gloss all over him, too - his cheeks, his hair, etc. Gage has been greasy for a few days, thanks to his big bro.

He calls his lip gloss, his makeup. But he doesn't remember that it's called "makeup." He calls it his "hiccups." "Mommy, where my hiccups?" He's funny.

6 comments:

Nat said...

He's so cute. I love that he put his lip gloss all over Ivy's face today. And I'm sure she felt all sparkly and pretty instead of greasy. Micah is out to beautify the world!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

That is too funny! And even better that he shares with Gage. I love it!

Anonymous said...

He's so cute and funny! I love that he calls it 'hiccups'!!:)

Unknown said...

You are an awesome mom. I'm sure that Sades appreciates having Mikey not always having her stuff too :)

Emily Empey said...

oh that is so cute that he calls it hiccups! LOVE IT!

Lyndsay said...

Well, I guess the hiccups thing keeps others from knowing about his makeup obsession! How funny! Glad he has a toy that he loves that is all his own!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...