Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Boomerang


Dylan wrapped up his baseball cap to look like a boomerang. Then he yelled, "Hey, Mom, look! It's a weiner-whacker!!" I was like, "WHAT??" He said, "A weiner-whacker! You throw it, and then it comes back to you!" I was like, "Oh, you mean a BOOMERANG?" He smiled sheepishly, saying, "Oh, yeah, a boomerang." It's funny, because I don't think we ever use the word "weiner" in the house. We say "hot dogs." And we call his...private part... his "pee-pee." So he didn't know that he sounded so obscene. Maybe it's obscene for me to put up this post?! Sorry if I offended anyone. But I thought it was pretty funny. It reminds me of when I was a kid. Mom and I were at my Great-Grandma Watts' house, and we were planting Asters. But I thought they were called Bastards. Mom laughed so hard when I asked her where to plant the bastards.

4 comments:

Lynita said...

Oh man I was laughing so hard just now! Between weiners and bastards I'd say that was pretty good! A couple of years ago I was playing cards with my mother-in-law and my husband. The trash talk was flying and I got carried away and called my husband a dirty whore...when I realized my indescresion I laughed so hard. The best was that my mother-in-law thought I said dirty Four, so she was so confused it made me laugh even harder!

Gifford Family said...

This is a game my boys at school were playing in the bathroom! I bet you can imagine how it is played. Now, if this game is played, and we find out... they get suspended! Better warn Dylan!

Jenny said...

oh how funny! espcecially your 'asters' mix up. he he. ;)

Beej said...

Another Hale "mix-up". We had two cars back when I was little, a blue Honda (ahh, Ocean Car) and a red Toyota (I think). I used to call the Honda the "Panda" and I used to call the red car the "Damnit". Here's the story: One time me and my mom were going to drive in the red car during the winter and as we were pulling out, we got stuck in the snow. My mom cursed "Damnit" and I thought that that was the car's name. (All cars have a name, by the way. It's a rule, especially according to me...ever since I was little. If you want them to run well and last a long time...give them a name.) So from then on, I called our two cars the Panda and the Damnit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...