Friday, January 25, 2008

It's a Boy!!

At long last, we had our ultrasound yesterday, and we found out that our baby is a boy!! Here is a picture that declares that - his legs are crossed at the ankle on the left of the picture. If you follow the legs to the right, you'll see a ball and a tiny white line, and supposedly, those are his male parts:

The next page is a frontal view of the baby's face. We like to call this picture "Skeletor":

And finally, the piece de resistance - the profile shot. We almost didn't get this shot. He wasn't cooperating. His feet were all up in his face, and he kept sucking his thumb. But, after I used the bathroom, he switched positions, and we were able to get this picture. These profile pictures always concern me. He looks like an ape!! But Sadie's profile ultrasound picture looked horrible, and she turned out alright.


The baby is measuring pretty big. My dute date is June 8, but he was measuring May 31. The ultrasound technician asked if I have big babies, and I said, yeah. She said, "Wow. His head is really big." And we both essentially said, "That's how we make 'em." Large and big-headed. This little guy has a big old barrelly chest and a buddha belly, like my kids. Ben is really hoping this one will look like him in some way. Come to think of it, I don't think my kids really look like me, either. Dylan has my eyes and Ben's head and body. And I don't know where he got those cute little lips, but I love them. Sadie looks like my Uncle Kregg and his kids, which is random. And she has Ben's hands and my bumb. And my sister, Nat's, hair color. Ben thinks it would be fun to get a brunette kid this time, but we'll take whatever we can get!

As far as if I'm happy with having a boy, yeah, I am! I was okay with either sex. I think, in my subconscious, boy=difficult and hyper, and girl=calm and obedient, because that's my experience with the two I have, but I know lots of little girls that could give Dylan a run for his money, and I know lots of little boys who are really calm and mellow. So you just never know. I really hope this little guy is mellow like Sadie. I don't know if I could handle two Dylan's in the household. One chieftain is enough!

We decided to name him Micah Hale _____. You might have read my earlier blog about Ben's and my disagreement on the middle name. When we got married, we decided to give each of our kids middle names that are our parents' first names. We did Dylan Timothy, after Ben's dad, and we did Sadie Cheri, after my mom. So, we thought, if we had a boy, we'd do Micah Richard (after my dad), and if we had a girl, it would be Claire Gloria (after Ben's mom). However, Micah Richard Smith would have the initials of MRS, and Ben didn't want him to be called "Misses" his whole life. He was really adamant about it. We thought of doing Kent, my dad's middle name, but my dad's never been fond of his middle name, and Ben doesn't particularly like it. So we decided that the only way to "holla" at my dad is to name the baby Micah Hale. I like it. His cousin is Jakob Hale ________. So. Dispute resolved.

We're excited. And I'm excited to get him out of me in 20 more weeks. This pregnancy has been really rough. My pelvic girdle aches and feels like it's falling apart. It feels like each pregnancy is getting worse. I always wanted four (Ben has always wanted just three), but I don't know if I could handle it again. Yet, something inside me says there is one more for our family. So, if we can figure out how to afford it, then maybe we'll do this again. We'll see.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

congratulations on your boy! how exciting. great name! :) hope you feel better soon.

Beej said...

For the Record.... Mikah was MY boy name first. And yes, I like it spelled with a "K". Name Stealer!!

Kar said...

Beads, you are SO WRONG!! Everyone in our family will attest to the fact that I picked Micah first! You can ask anyone! You silly forgetful cheeky-monkey! You always talked about using the name Josiah. That's what I remember being the name you wanted for a boy.

deannah said...

Congratulations!! It's so exciting to have that big ultrasound and get a peak at the little one. I LOVE the name and I'm so glad to hear the dispute has been resolved!

Gifford Family said...

Congratulations! Good luck with the "mild" idea....All three of mine are on the "WILD SIDE" but it sure keeps things exciting. I love the name.

Carrie said...

Love the name! Love the pics! Hang in there!

Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...