Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sadie's Sock Identity

Not too long ago, my sister, Beads, posted this comment on her sister-in-law's (and my friend's) blog:

"I'm a firm believer that everyone should have (or already has and doesn't know it) a 'sock identity.' For example, my sock identity is to always wear cute, colorful socks with something on them (if I wear socks at all...). My dad's sock identity is gold toe socks all the way. Spencer wears only white socks (boring)."

For a couple of weeks, Sadie's sock identity was to only wear pink socks. No matter what her outfit was, she only wanted pink socks:

Now, her sock identity is that she wears socks that don't match each other at all:

She is adamant about her sock identity. I figure that she has so few things she can make decisions on in her life, so I'll let it go.

My sock identity is none, if I can help it (I wore flip flops for two years straight when we lived in San Diego, and I loved every minute of it). If I have to, I prefer socks that cut right below the ankle. Anything above it just really itches my legs. My skin on my legs is always so itchy, especially when I'm pregnant.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

she and jonah would get along great! :)

Nat said...

Today the boys were wearing their (used) socks on their hands. Gross, I know.

Lynita said...

Kaitlyn takes her socks off as soon as she can and says, "Mom I have toe boogers!" Which means lint in between her toes...does this make her sock identity barely there booger girl? LOL! I love the sock identity thing!

Gifford Family said...

How cute! Ivy, Erin, and I have the same sock identity ... none! There is nothing better than bare feet. Austin however has to have ankle socks and they have to be Old Navy! Just a little picky!!!

Nicole said...

Ha ha! Funny. I'm boring too. I wear white athletic ankle socks if I'm wearing any. It's cold right now, but I still wear flip flops when I can get away with it.

Beej said...

I told ya!! Everyone has a sock identity. It's just how it is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...