Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Seven Year Itch

Happy Anniversary to us!! It's been seven wonderful years. If we have the seven year itch, then we're just itching to spend more time with each other. As the anniversary revelers sang in So I Married an Axe Murderer (to the tune of "The William Tell Overture"):


Happy Anniversary,
Happy Anniversary,
Happy Anniversary,
Haaaaappy Anniversary!
Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy Anniversary!
Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy Anniversary!
Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy...

So. Our anniversary was on Sunday, but we went on a date Saturday. We promised we wouldn't give each other gifts (getting heat installed is expensive), but we stopped by Wal-Mart to get some groceries and Ben cheated and got me some sunglasses. I've lost mine, and I've been blinded for the past few weeks by the sun reflecting off the snow. I have really sensitive eyes. I didn't mind the lack of gifts - we got the best anniversary gift ever - heat in our house!!

I'm a big loser because I didn't bring my camera to document our evening. It's not because I forgot it. It's because I looked like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. And I didn't have my hair or makeup done. I've had this cold/flu thing, the kind that makes you feel like you're dying, and maybe that you'd rather die than feel this way!! It was horrible. It reached its apex on our anniversary proper, Sunday. I lay in bed all day long. Anyways, sorry for the lack of photos, but I downloaded some pictures of what our evening entailed, for your viewing pleasure.

First, we went to a late matinee of I am Legend, with Will Smith:

I was nervous, because it really is kind of a zombie movie, and I REALLY HATE scary movies. Ask anyone. I get freaked out watching Watcher in the Woods. The Disney movie. I'm just really sensitive to scary things. If I watch a scary movie, I have to sleep with the light on for a few weeks. After I jumped a few times in the movie, I whispered viciously to Ben: "Happy Anniversary to me..." But then it got better. It reminded me a lot of Cast Away with Tom Hanks. There were many scenes where Will Smith was all alone, because he's supposedly the last human alive on the earth. Anyways, it was well done, and it was a thinker. I was still thinking about it even today.

Then we went to TGI Friday's, which always reminds me of my sister, Lex, because she used to work there:

Our eyes were bigger than our stomachs, and we ordered that three-couse meal thing. I ate mozzarella sticks, which were soooo yummy:

Mozzarella sticks and I have had a long love affair, spanning decades. Almost as strong as my love affair with bean burritos. After I devoured them, and Ben devoured his weird tuscan quesadilla things, we realized that we were full. So we took home each of our other two courses, which we enjoyed the next day. It was a laid-back evening, but that's the way we like it.

Happy Anniversary, Benny! I love you!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Karlenn....congrats! We just had our seven year anniversary as well. Seems crazy. And it looks like you had a perfect evening. We've turned into sorry home-bodies. We like to order from our favorite restaurant, bring it home and eat it here by candlelight. That way we don't have to share our evening with tons of other people. That, and there's no waiter to tip!

Jenny said...

congratulations!!!
sounds like a wonderful evening. today's our 8 year 1st date anniversary. :) (the "real" anniversary is in august) how fun that we all got married around the same time.

Lynita said...

Congrats on the 7 years, Ryan and I almost to 6! I am glad you got to go out even if you were sick. How did we get the same cold/flu virus when we're thousands of miles away? I am also not good at scary movies, you remember when we watched "It" before I left Ricks for home? Yeah not good, I had a hard time showering, I still do double takes and steer clear of all flood drains! I am a big baby though, oh well at least we know it! Take care of yourself! Lots of LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...