Friday, January 25, 2008

The Light had Gone from his Eyes...


On Sunday night, Ben was making an emergency run to the grocery store to get me some Robitussen (I have bronchitis, and it's kicking my butt), and he took Dylan. They were listening to The Sounds of Sunday on KLCE, and that dumb Glen Rawson (sorry - I have a really hard time listening to him) was telling a story about some teenager. He kept referring to him as "this young man." Dylan says to Ben, "Daddy, I think he's talking about me! I'm a young man!" Then Glen Rawson said that the light had gone from this young man's eyes, and Dylan says, "Daddy, now I know he is talking about me! The light has gone from my eyes!" Ben said, "What do you mean?" Dylan said, "Well, it's dark outside, so the light is out of my eyes." Silly Dylie.

See that huge scratch on Dylan's forehead? Dylan and Ben were playing "Bear," and Ben was up on his haunches and pawing the air, growling, and Dylan lost his balance and fell against Ben, and somehow, Ben's nail (which I had told him were getting too long) scraped a huge gash in Dylan's forehead.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

cute. it's so fun to hear the things they think of, and how they relate to the world.

deannah said...

I know he's a handful at times, but your Dylan stories make me so excited for Mason to get older so he can talk and say such cute things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...