Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Heart Ben

I found this questionnaire on my friend, Kara's, blog, and though she didn't tag me, I'm totally doing it! I love these things. Then, after I've made you suffer through reading it, you can see some cute pictures that were taken of Ben and me the summer we were dating, summer of 2000.

WHAT IS HIS NAME: Benjamin Nephi _________

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER? From when we started dating until now - 7 1/2 years.

HOW OLD IS HE: 31. Holy crap, he's turning 32 this summer!!

WHO EATS MORE: Benny, but sometimes I give him a run for the money.

WHO SAID "I LOVE YOU" first: Ben. So cute. I had these Shakespeare magnet word things, that you can arrange into funny sentences. And I had made one with my name and with my roommate's name, Emily. So Ben, to tell me he loved me, arranged the words to say "I love Karlenn." I saw it when he was over and I was getting something out of the fridge, and I went over and hugged him and told him that I loved him, too. It was so sweet.

WHO IS TALLER: Ben, thank goodness!

WHO SINGS BETTER: Um... probably me. Not that I'm a good singer. But Ben gets a little bit lost when we're singing hymns in church. It's actually really funny!

WHO IS SMARTER: Ben is smarter at finances, building stuff, physics, math. I'm smarter at reading and writing.

WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY: Me. Ben will sometimes "help" by doing a billion loads, but then he just dumps them all into a huge mountain on our big chair for me to fold.

WHO DOES THE DISHES: Me, unfortunately. It takes a lot to get Ben to do the dishes.

WHO PAYS THE BILLS: Ben. I hate that crap.

WHO MOWS THE LAWN: Ben. And I'm so glad. I mowed the lawn a lot growing up, and it really aggravated my allergies. It was like torture! I think Ben really likes to take care of the lawn.

WHO COOKS DINNER: Me.

WHO DRIVES WHEN YOU ARE TOGETHER: Ben. I'd rather stare out into space and try to look into peoples' windows as we drive by. I'm a total voyeur.

WHO IS MORE STUBBORN? Um, probably Ben. If the issue is something that is really important, then I'll stand my ground, but I don't care that much about every single thing.

WHO KISSED WHO FIRST: Ben says I kissed him, but I just... made myself available to be kissed. That's the truth.

WHO PROPOSED: Ben! We walked around the Idaho Falls temple, and he popped the question! It was a total surprise - I didn't think the ring was getting to Salt Lake until like a week later.

WHO IS MORE SENSITIVE: Oh me, for sure.

WHO HAS MORE FRIENDS: Um, me? I just work harder at keeping in touch with people than he does. I think that's the only reason why.

WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS: Me. I have one more than he does. Well, unless you count stepbrothers and stepsisters. Then he has me beat.

WHO WEARS THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY: Probably Ben. But I'm glad. I don't want to be known as the pants-wearer, ever.
Here's the first picture taken of Ben and me, ever. It's on the 4th of July. We were at Ben's friend's grandma's house:

I met Ben's mom about a week later. She took this picture. Ben was so cute. He saw the dress I was wearing, and he got dressed to match me. Such a babe:

This is when Ben first told me he loved me. The "I love Karlenn" is toward the top of the fridge. The story of how he first told me he loved me is above, in the questionnaire thingey:

This is Ben and me on a picnic in Sugarhouse Park:

And this is us at a party I threw for Ben's 24th birthday. Man. We were sooo young!! The party was at P.F. Chang's in Salt Lake.

Now it's time for me to "tag" people that I want to do this! (But if you don't want to, that's fine.) Um, how about Nat, Beads, Nitz, Mindi, Jenny, Nicole, Carrie, and Deannah.

4 comments:

Gifford Family said...

I always find it fun to read these "tag" things. I love finding out new things about my friends. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

how fun! i'll have to get working on this for my blog. :)

love the pictures!

Nat said...

If you tag me, I will post! (Kind of like what movie?)

Kar said...

Field of Dreams, baby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...