Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hot Rods


Nice nostril shot, Dyl. I should have looked closer at the image after I snapped it! Not only do we get to see Dylan's boogers, but Dylan had left a big finger print on the front side of the lens, making the next few images blurry. Sorry about that!

Dylan asked me the other day if he could eat some "hot rods." I had no idea what he was talking about, so he got down the RED HOTS and said, "See? Hot rods." So cute. I keep red hots around always, because my favorite jello is made with them. You may be thinking, jello? Oh yeah. It's the best-tasting jello in the world! Here's a recipe, if you want to try it. It ends up kind of tasting lemoney and cream-cheesy, but the red hots add a little oomph.

Cinnamon-Applesauce Salad

1/2 cups (4 oz.) red hots
2 cups boiling water
2 three-ounce pkg. lemon jello
2 c. applesauce
1 eight-ounce pkg. cream cheese
small jar marshmallow cream
1 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice

Boil red hots in water until dissolved. Then mix in jello. Add applesauce. Let jello softset for about 1 1/2 hours. Mix cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and lemon juice together. Then swirl about 3/4 of it into the softset jello, making it look marbley. Let it fully set. The remainder of the cream cheese mixture is good for a fruit dip.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

what a cool recipe. my kids aren't big jello fans (that's weird, isn't it?) but maybe they'd like this. :)

Lynita said...

I may have to try that recipe, I mean all of your food tastes so good, by the way can I have your chicken divan recipe, I believe I lost in one of the million moves we have made in the last 5 years! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...