Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Courtney Love, Part 2

I wrote a couple of months about Sadie's obsession with makeup, and the resulting Courtney Love-ishness. She continues to adore makeup. Gloria got Sadie a makeup kit for Christmas:


And boy, did she have fun with it:






She is so funny. The following picture is my favorite:


And isn't her little outfit so cute? My mom got it for her for Christmas. Funny story about that outfit. My mom gets the kids clothes at Sam's club, and they run really, really large. The tags on that outfit say "2T," but Sadie wears a 4T, and the outfit fits perfectly, as if it was a 4T. Well, the sweater and the pants fit perfectly - the shirt is a different story. It's long enough, and wide enough, but the hole for the head isn't big enough, because my kids have such huge heeds. The other day, I was trying to take the shirt off Sadie's head, and it took like half an hour!! She was bawling; I felt bad. I almost had to cut it off her head!! So we packed the shirt away in the 2T box, but she can still wear the sweater and the pants. I just put a different shirt underneath it now.

A little clip about heeds - from one of my favorite movies:


Oh, and we had to throw Sadie's makeup away - she was getting it all over Gloria's house. Gloria and I had to scrub her area rug with toothbrushes to get the bright blue makeup off it. :)

3 comments:

Nat said...

Makeup! Ugh. It's right up there with play doh and suckers, in terms of things that I don't want in my carpet! I think that's funny that she loves it and loves it all mashed on her face. Ah, to be three again!

Oooh, and I forgot to say, on your last post, that the night before I undo all the twisty things that keep toys in the package, so that we can just pull it out and play with it the day of, because otherwise you get to hear your kids whine for a hundred years while you try and get it all undone. I really don't get why packaging comes that way now.

Barnard Family said...

I hate it when people give cali "play" makeup....it isn't so fun to scrub off the wall, floor, bed sheets, etc. Thank you but no thank you.

Now it just seems to mysteriously disappear if she gets any...and then I say,"I'm sorry honey, it must have gotten misplaced. Here, have a ..." and then I give her some random toy that I have in my "gift closet". I am such a horrible mom! She is going to figure me out soon!

Anonymous said...

Makeup is the one reason I'm glad I have boys! LOL Love those pictures of her though! Hilarious:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...