Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Interview

Okay. So Ben had his interview yesterday, and he was gone for 2 1/2 hours!! It was with an engineer in town; a guy in our ward is friends with this engineer, and he called us saying that this guy was looking for an architect. Ben applied a couple of weeks ago and hadn't heard back, but then the engineer called him in for an interview. I was sooooo excited. The longer the interview kept going, I kept thinking, "This is a good sign! This is a really good sign!"

Result? Um, we're not sure. I guess the guy just is a chatterbox; they didn't talk much about the job or have any of your typical interview questions. The guy kept saying, "Well, let me talk to my architect friends and see if I can figure out something for you to do so you can work with me." I wonder if he's just kind of making up a job, like how singles wards make up callings, as a favor to the dude in our ward.

The interview ended with him saying, "Well, I'll keep in touch. I'll call you when I figure out what I can have you do." Hmmm. Cryptic much, Mr. Engineer?

Ben has a few ideas of what he would be doing, and I asked him if it's something he could see himself doing for a long time, and he's like, no. If it pays enough and has benefits, then he'll take it (if it's formally offered....) for a few years, until the economy gets better and he can get an actual job with an architect. His goal is to become an architect, and he can't do that until he works under a licensed architect for so many hours. For me, as long as he has a job and I can quit and be at home with my kids, that's all that matters.

So, if and when this guy actually formally offers Ben a job, I'll let you know. Or if anything else exciting happens.

3 comments:

Nat said...

Good luck to him! I was going to call you and ask how it went. Seriously, I think engineers are some of the weirdest people on earth.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! I hope it works out for a little while so you can be at home with the kids again!! We'll keep praying for you guys!

Janiece said...

I hate it when they say "let me talk to..."
I always want to say, so are you incharge or is there someone else I need to be interviewing with.

Good Luck on the job search

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...