Sunday, February 1, 2009

Christmas Eve

We decided to do a little program. Sadie and Micah were Mary and Joseph:

And Ben was the donkey. He's such a nerd:

Greg's friend, Vic, was going to come over dressed as Santa, so while we waited, we sang Christmas songs:

I look angry in this picture, but I wasn't:

Dylan and Gloria:

Sadie sucked her thumb while she waited. It was so weird. She's not a thumb-sucker. She hadn't done it before Christmas Eve, and she hasn't done it since:

Another weird thing - when Santa showed up, Sadie wasn't scared at all, but Dylan would not go near him for the longest time. Usually, it's the other way around - Dylan's not scared, and Sadie is. So I thought that was funny. Sadie and Santa:

I thought Micah would freak out, but he didn't cry at all. In fact, he kept trying to take off Santa's beard. Here's me, hastily trying to pull his beard back up, before the kids notice that it's fake:

Dylan finally decided that Santa was safe:

All three kids with Santa:


After we got the kids bathed, we helped Dylan write a note to Santa:

6 comments:

Nat said...

I love Ben's donkey! And I'm glad Sadie loved Santa that time around!

Mindy H. said...

Ben should hire out his services as a nativity play donkey. They man has TALENT!

It looks like you all had a beautiful Christmas Eve. It is really nice to remember those holiday moments. They keep us warm in January and February.

Blythe Ward Relief Society said...

you don't look mad...you look content. I love christmas time!

Gifford Family said...

I agree... You look content. What a great evening.

Gloria said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures and stories. We should have taken a picture of Micah in his Manger. If I had known I was going to be posted on your blog, I might have got dressed and combed my hair Christmas morning. Love your Blog, and you.

Anonymous said...

How fun! When I was a kid we would go to my mom's parents house for Christmas and all the grandkids would put on a nativity play. We did it up until we moved when I was in junior high! We had so much fun with it!:) Your kids are so cute in their costumes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...