Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

Someone was speaking in sacrament about a month ago, and they were talking about the temple. Usually, Dylan pays zero attention to the talks in sacrament (and that's kind of my problem, too), but he perked right up when he heard the word "temple." "Hey, Mom," he tried-but-didn't-succeed-to-whisper, "I want to go to the temple for Family Home Evening." So, the next day, we went to the visitor's center.

It's been remodeled, and it's really nice. It seems smaller than it did when I was a child. But it has lots of little interactive booths, and the missionaries there are really sweet. They offered to take a picture of our family in front of the Christus:

It took a LOT of convincing to get Sadie near the Christus. She was scared of it, which is weird. But she's scared of everything, so.... And we could not get Micah to turn toward the camera. We took like five pictures, trying to get him to turn forward. Silly little baby.

Ben and Micah in front of the Christus:

This poor missionary lady was trying so hard to keep Dylan engaged, but he has such ADD, I swear. He just kept looking around, right when she was trying to talk to him. I felt bad. Here she is, temporarily keeping their attention with one of their booths:

I think this station had the introduction to the Book of Mormon in all of these different languages. So Ben was listening to it in Portugese, of course:

It's the double-chinned ones, both me and Micah:

My Two Sons:

Micah is just so stinkin' cute:


Dylan really, really, really wanted to take one of those pictures where it looks like he's leaning on the temple spire. After many tries, we finally succeeded:

It was fun, and it beat the heck out of coming up with a Family Home Evening idea myself. I hope my kids continue to be as enthusiastic about the temple when they're older as they are now. Ben and I need to get over there for a session. It's been too long. It would do a lot for our stress levels. I love the calm, peaceful feeling inside the temple. I get sad when it's time to leave and rejoin normal life.

10 comments:

Nat said...

What a fun FHE! I've been wanting to take my family over. I haven't been since the remodel.

Unknown said...

FHE???? what is THAT?!?! I'm a lazy butt in this catagory. Cool that you didn't have to think it up! I think that is my main thing, I don't remember FHE till it is time to do it. Doesn't work out so well that way!

The Dillons said...

That is so cool that Dylan wanted to go to the temple, I love that it was his idea!i notcied he would do that sort of stuff every now and again during primary. I would see him perk up a little and i would look over and just smile cause i love it when kids do that! Those pictures are real good ones! And poor Sadie with her shiner!

Gramma n Grampa said...

Good job Dylan! That's a really good FHE! The pictures turned out Great, I especially like the one with Dylan leaning on the Temple. Sooo cute.
It tickles me to see Micah chunk up. He's doing so good.

Soozee Carmichael said...

I LOVE the temple!!!! Its one of my favorite places in the world!!! You're lucky to have one so close! Not that my 20 minute drive is bad, but there are lots of people that have to travel hours to the nearest temple. We are so blessed!!

Autumn said...

Hey! It's been a while since I joined the blogging world, I am still alive and I do check posts every now and again. You are awesome for taking your kids to the temple for FHE! We still haven't done that yet, maybe one of these days???

Angela said...

What a great idea for FHE! We need to do that sometime! We are going to the Draper Temple open house next week with the kids and I hope it is a neat experience for them. Fun pictures!

Mindy H. said...

That was a great FHE...and you have a great future priesthood holder there who requested it! The photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them!

Gifford Family said...

Looks like a fun evening! Micah looks like he is gaining some weight. Is he doing better at eating?

Anonymous said...

Great idea for FHE!! We're trying to be better about doing it too. Maybe we'll have to take a trip to the new visitors center. I haven't seen it yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...