Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rocket Science

So, Dylie got his Makuta Icarax Bionicle for Christmas:

I thought you just open up the box and there's the fully-assembled Bionicle. I didn't realize that Bionicles are made by Legos, and you have to assemble them! Dude, it's so hard! It has this instruction manual that is totally thick!! It's like freakin' rocket science.

Dylan had a blast putting it together, of course. He's very good at that kind of thing. Sadie got this little doggie stroller thing from my mom for Christmas (you can see the picture of it in the post below), and Greg couldn't figure out how to put it together. He had the instructions and was scratching his head. Dylan came up to Greg, saw the problem, and put it together in like two seconds. No instructions necessary. Dylan also put together my bassinet and my baby bouncer when Micah was born. He's crazy-smart at that kind of stuff.

Here we are, trying to put it together:

Dylan is chewing on his cheek in that picture. He's started habitually doing that lately. I chewed on my cheeks a ton when I was a kid - another thing Dylie and I have in common.

And here's the final product:

5 comments:

Nat said...

Dude, Dyl rocks and that kind of thing. I suck at it. Like how he's Mr. Puzzle Man. Jake HATES puzzles!

anjie said...

We have a real rocket scientist on our street. I bet Christmas morning is easy for him.

One of the benefits of buying my kids presents from yard sales is there is no crazy packaging, they are pre-assembled, and cheap!

Barnard Family said...

Wow! You are a brave woman! I always make Adam build those...plus they just make me mad cuz two weeks later I always end up stepping on a spare piece left in the hallway. Curse those blasted bionicles!

Anonymous said...

I love your face in the picture of you and Dylan putting it together! LOL I'm sure it was rocket science. I'm glad my boys don't watch TV so they don't get all those toy commercials in their heads!!

Alexis Mayo said...

OMG I made the mistake of buying Colben a Lego Dirtbike and a Bionicle and guess who had to sit down with him and put them together? ME!!!
I spent no less than 3 hours on each one and now he doesn't really even play with them.
I won't buy those types of things again until he can put them together on his own!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...