Thursday, May 21, 2009

Charm Bracelets

My grandma used to have like three charm bracelets, each completely full with charms from trips, milestones, children, etc. They were actually stolen sometime in the seventies, I think, and they were probably worth hundreds of dollars, because each charm is like 20 bucks. She gave each of me and my sisters charm bracelets when we were little, and then she would give us charms every year for our birthday and Christmas gifts, each charm signifying something that was happening in our lives. I loved it. We also got charms as souvenirs when we went on trips when I was growing up. The Christmas after Grams died, my mom got each of my sisters and I a charm that says "Grandma." It's a heart. I need to start buying myself charms, now that Grams isn't here to do it for me! Or if I ever go on a trip, I will have to buy charms for my bracelet.
Dylan LOVES my charm bracelet. He always asks me to get it out, and then he asks what each charm stands for. Sometimes I let him wear it for a minute, if he's very careful:

If charms weren't so girly, I'd start him on his own charm bracelet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool!! I'm sure my boys would love a charm bracelet too!

Nat said...

My kids love my charm bracelets, too. I looked for charms at Hogle Zoo when we were there, because I wanted to add to my collection. But alas.

lexykay said...

i hardly wear my charm bracelets; i get so scared i'm going to catch them on something and break them. but i do love them. the first birthday after grams died was hard because i knew i wasn't going to get a charm from her.

Lynita said...

What a beautiful tradition your Grandma started. I think he should collect something else too, but Sadie could do the bracelet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...