Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day

Ben and the kids were so sweet on Mother's Day. Ben let me sleep in, and then he brought me breakfast in bed. Then, when I came upstairs, Dylan gave me the gift he made at school:



I love little school-made gifts like this. And the little Christmas ornaments that they make at school. They are the best. My parents still have a bunch of crap that I made them when I was in elementary school. :) Dylan purposely painted his handprint purple, because he remembered that's my favorite color. How cute is he???

He also made me a card:




He is such a babe.
At church, all the moms got dianthas. I need to figure out where to put mine. And quick:

Mom invited us over to her house for a little Mother's Day barbecue. Lex made her an awesome necklace:

It says "Best Mom Ever Award." She made it with tin foil and then put clear boxing tape over it. It made me giggle.
And I gave mom some 5X7's of the professional pictures my family got taken in December:


Ben couldn't afford to get me a Mother's Day present, and I was kind of sad about that for a few days (even though I didn't say that to him). I just... so desperately need some clothing. All of mine is in tatters. Literally. And stained. I look so shabby, and I keep wondering if my office manager is going to say something to me. I do clean and iron what I own, but I don't know if that can make up for the little holes in all of my shirts, or the fact that my black shirt now looks kind of grey and splotchy. So I was hoping for some clothing action, and I was sad that Ben couldn't do that for me. Aren't I a huge, materialistic brat???? I feel really guilty about feeling sad about no physical gifts from Ben, because truly, the best gift ever on Mother's Day is the knowledge that I have these three gorgeous, sweet, amazing children. They are so smart and they give me so much love. The fact that I'm able to have children, and that they're healthy and happy, is a huge, huge blessing. So I'm trying to get over myself. :)

3 comments:

Nat said...

Yeah, I got nothin' from Pete for mother's day. Just an acknowledgement is all I want. Sheesh. And I hear you about the tattered clothes-that's the story of my life. Maybe when my kids are older I'll put myself in for What Not to Wear, and then I'll have some clothes that cost over $10, and they won't have drool or boogers on them.

Patty said...

I love that little turkey's face in those pictures. He looks a little nervous. Almost like... will she like it? How cute. You're a good mom.

Angela said...

What cute little gifts for Mothers Day. I like the end of this post, how you talk about being grateful that you can have children. It is such a blessing that some can't experience.

I had trouble getting Conner to eat too when he was little. At the time we were on WIC and they would hound me at all the appointments about how he was under on the charts. I would spend an hour to get through a feeding and then he would gag and throw it all up. I remember how stressful it was and how guilty I would feel when he wouldn't eat well. He's still skinny but eats whatever now- it will turn around and don't beat yourself up in the meantime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...