Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Read-a-Thon

I took the kids to Dylan's Read-a-Thon a couple of weeks ago. Ben doesn't get home until 6:15 in the evening, so I had to wing it with the three kids all by myself. Exhausting. (I went for the free food. Seriously.) Here are the kids, not eating the free tacos:

I'm so glad Micah likes his stroller. He sat in there pretty nicely for a long time:

They had some Mexican dancers perform, which was cool:

And then we headed into the gym to read. Here are Micah and me:


Look at my disgusting greasy bangs. This is why I'm growing them out. Because they look like I poured WD40 on them by the end of the day. I'm just a greasy-foreheaded girl.

They had us pack blankets and pillows, which the kids LOVED:


It was so funny - they only gave us like 15 minutes to read, and then they made us all go home. What kind of a read-a-thon is that? Fifteen minutes? Dylan was trying to jump up and touch the basketball nets while I was packing up. He finally touched one!:


6 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun idea! I agree though, 15 minutes of reading, huh? Maybe they should have advertised it differently.

Nat said...

Read-a-thon? More like read-a-minute! So funny. But hey, I'm with ya on the free food thing, which is kind of why we went to Jake's health fair (where I won that thing at).

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! That's kind of wierd to only read for 15 minutes at a read-a-thon though!! LOL I too, love free food!!:)

Mindy H. said...

What a fun night! I'm with you on the free food thing. Sometimes I think that all of the dinners and refreashments are the big reasons I am so stinkin' active in the Church ;)

We had a family reading night at our school a few months ago and it was the same type of deal...lots of food, tons of entertainment, but not a lot of actual "reading" time.

Gifford Family said...

15 minutes~~~ That might take the award for the shortest read-a-thon ever! I hope the free food was worth it! ha :)

Lynita said...

Only 15 minutes to read? Well I guess it was based on attention span or something! At least there was free tacos and entertainment. I have to venture everywhere with the 3 kids, so I know how that goes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...