Monday, May 11, 2009

Dang Idaho Springs...

Ugh. Springtime in Idaho SUCKS. I remember when I had Micah a year ago. We had our bed in the living room, and I had mastitis and felt sick as a dog. So I was constantly lying in bed. We had put the air-conditioner in the window above the bed, but there was a gap, and Ben had filled in the gap with a piece of styrofoam. And the wind was just howling for like three weeks, blowing right through that styrofoam, and making it squeak. And everyone who knows me well, knows that squeaking styrofoam is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. So it felt like the seventh level of heck for me. Engorged, nauseated, postpardem depression, howling wind, and squeaking styrofoam. Shiver.

This spring is shaping up to be the same kind of spring as last year was. Here were my pretty daffodils:

But then it froze two nights in a row. So here they are now:

Here were my gorgous tulips:




Until we started to have 30 mph wind. We've had several extremely windy days for the past week. And now my tulips look like this:


Grr, baby. Very grrr.

1 comment:

Nat said...

I'm actually kind of surprised by my tulips; they're holding up, even after yesterday's fun wind. Your poor flowers! That's the one thing I wish that Idaho didn't have, was the dang constant wind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...