Monday, May 11, 2009

Just Like a Tattoo....I'll Always Have You...

Dude, I hate that song. I think it is so cheesy. Anyways.

For Easter, my kids got some fake tattoos. Dylan decided he wanted "sleeves," so here they are:

They're bug tattoos. We thought that was all he had, but then we found some more in the bottom of his Easter basket, so he decided he wanted... I don't know what to call them... "legwarmers"??:

He's in his undies in that shot. As Sadie would say, "Saw-yee!!"

Sadie wanted to be just like her brother, so she, too, got "legwarmers":


Again, sorry for the undies shot. Look at her little knock-knees. So funny. The kids STILL have remnants of these tattoos on their skin. I can't believe how long they've lasted! Basically a month!!

Right before I went to Ricks College, my family went to Lagoon, and I got a temporary tattoo on my ankle. And that thing stayed there for like two months! I didn't worry about scrubbing it off - I was too busy playing with my roommates until three in the morning. And I thought it was pretty and fun. People I would meet thought I was such a rebel for having a tattoo on my ankle. I had to keep explaining that it was temporary, and most people didn't believe me. Until it finally came off. :)

7 comments:

Patty said...

I had a dragon temporary tattoo once and I thought it would be SO cool to put it on my eye! That way when my eye was closed you'd be able to see the whole thing and when my eye was open it would just look awesome. So I put it on my eye. AND SEALED IT SHUT! It was awful! And pretty ridiculous

Nat said...

Yeah, I hate that song, too. Jakob got some tattoos a while ago (I can't remember when), and he put his on his shoulder, and it was there FOREVER!

Anonymous said...

I've never really been into tattoos. I don't really want my kids to be either so I try to steer clear of them. That's funny the he wanted to make "sleeves" with them! LOL

Beej said...

I remember when we got those tatoos at Lagoon. I had a tiger and it also lasted a long time. I think that it is funny that people at Rick's thought it was a real one. Nerds!

Gifford Family said...

I LOVE IT! My kids would so do that if only their mean mother would let them!!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny. We've used those same tattoos at our house - and they DO stay on forever! Like a month.

I remember the fake tattoo - you rebel. I also remember writing that I loved you and Carrie on my legs one night with marker....and then I had to go take my swimming final at like 6 in the morning and I hadn't washed off my legs - everyone was staring at the "graffiti" on my legs. It was pretty funny.

Lynita said...

Leg warmers! LOL! Kaitlyn thinks that tatoos are pretty awesome, but not the kind that make you bleed. We let her watch how real tatoos are made and I think we squashed any desire to get a real one in just a couple of gruesome minutes! She kept saying, "Wow mom, that is a lot of blood, does it hurt very badly?"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...