Friday, May 1, 2009

I Am the Eggman! Woooo!

My sister, Lex, recently wrote a post about making deviled eggs, and she titled her post, "I Am the Eggman! Woooo!," so I'm stealing the post title from her. Because this post is about dyeing Easter Eggs. And because it's funny. And because I love the Beatles.

I didn't do an Easter egg hunt at our house on Easter morning this year, because I knew my mom would have a big hunt at her house later that day. But I didn't want to miss out on egg-decorating. And they didn't go to waste - I used them to make deviled eggs for the party at Mom's. Yum. Deviled eggs are the BEST.

Lex was here that weekend, so she came over for some dyeing fun. She had gone skiing that day - she and Dad hiked and skiied down... Mary's Nipple. I hate saying that name! It's a tall peak at Targhee, and you have to take the "big lift" up as far as you can, and then hike in your ski boots, skis over your shoulder, up to... Mary's N. Actually, when I talk to my family about it, I call it Mary's Mammary Gland. Dad and I actually skiied that several years back. It's a lot of fun. Tons of beautiful, unadulterated powder. Lex and Dad invited me to go with them that day, but I never see my kids and hubby, so I decided to stay home. I really should have gone, though. I don't get to go skiing enough.

Anyways, so I made Lex an egg that said, "Lex is a ski goddess":

Here's Sadie:


That little stinker knocked over not one, but TWO cups of egg dye. Here's Ben, cleaning up the second spill:

It looked like our table was going to have a permanent pink stain, but it has faded since, thankfully. Here's Dylie:

Ben took this very artistic picture of a couple of his eggs:


And I took this very unartistic picture of all of them together:

I've decided that Easter is now my favorite holiday. Christmas stresses me out. Easter is just plain fun. I had a blast with it this year.

6 comments:

amanda said...

Mary's Nipple? Are you kidding? wow. That was named by a man.

The Dillons said...

I like the painted eggs! Very creative. I missed out on that this year :(
And Emily had surgery. She got her gall bladder and thyroid taken out. The DR called Will and Emily back in yester day and they found cancer on the thyroid. So they need to check her whole body to see if the cancer went anywhere else. So the recovery process is going to longer then what was expected

Nat said...

I have yet to dye eggs at my house-too much mess...hey, maybe we'll come over to your house to dye eggs next year! :)

Gifford Family said...

I too made deviled eggs... they are my fav!

Mindy H. said...

I'm glad that your Easter was as beautiful as your painted eggs!

Beej said...

I don't know if I would like dying eggs with kids. I would be all stressed out about the mess. But kudos to you for doing it. I love deviled eggs, though. And the Easter egg hunts because I am competitive. I also like watching the ten commandments. That's the extent of my Easter nostalgia. I was never a huge fan of the clothes, although I like to get them for Spencer. I like to dress him up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...