Saturday, May 30, 2009

She Fired Him.

Don't worry. Ben and I still have our jobs. :) Our occupational therapist actually "fired" Micah.


Micah used to like her just fine, but for some reason, when I started working, he went through this weird Stranger Danger phase, and he got over it with everyone else except poor Aimee. When she comes over, it's an hour-long cryfest. Even if she doesn't touch him. Just the fact that she's in the same room with him makes him so angry. He casts all of these withering looks at her and just cries and cries. She has me do all of the exercises with him, under her tutelage, and then sits far away, not even looking at him, because that seems to exacerbate the situation, but he still cries the whole time.


So finally, after a particularly exhausting session this last Tuesday, she called me and asked if we would be okay with she and another therapist "switching" clients. I feel so badly. What is his problem? He is just fine with his developmental therapist. And I can't figure out why. They both do the same kinds of exercises with him. And I honestly think Aimee is really cool and very sweet. I just don't get it.


Here is a picture of Aimee and Micah, in happier times, last fall:

And Carrie, I think you and Aimee graduated together. She remembered you. I can't for the life of me remember her maiden name, but you should recognize her, probably.


Here's hoping that Micah will like the new gal better.

7 comments:

Nat said...

It's so funny the way kids like/don't like people. It's like Ivy with Mom-if I'm around, there's no way she's going to Mom. So crazy. I hope he does better with the new therapist.

Megann said...

Same thing happened with Libby and her physical therapist! We're getting a new PT next week. It must be something in the air...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a little girl I know!!:) I think it's the age. Good luck with the new therapist!

Patty said...

Yes. Here's hoping. There's nothing worse than an awkward break-up... and then remorse. Poor Micah- he's breaking hearts already

Chad said...

Kar, I meant to tell you earlier that I posted news about our job situation. It's still a semi-private post though: http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=1137228065&share_id=103422526408#s103422526408.

Lynita said...

Poor thing, oh well I hope that Michah likes his next one!

Carrie said...

Yep, I totally recognize her. We graduated together. It is a small world. I just love blogs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...