Monday, November 2, 2009

You look tired, little bird. Wouldn't you like a rest in my belly?

Yep, my post title is from a movie - see if you can guess it. Ten points if you get it. Hint: That line is spoken in a German accent.

So we came home one afternoon and found a teeny little bird on our front porch. It was injured. I realized later what injured it:

It flew into my window. This isn't the first time we've seen bird carnage on our front porch. Our front windows confuse a lot of them.

It was FREEZING COLD that day, and I felt so badly for him. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't kill it. So I called Animal Control. Ben thinks I'm so weird. I know that Animal Control probably eventually put it out of its misery, which is fine. I just couldn't kill it. It was so frigid outside that I decided to wrap it in a washcloth and bring it inside while we waited for the Animal Control dude. Sadie very carefully held the little guy:


Unfortunately, the bird got some kind of second wind and hopped out of the washcloth. It couldn't fly, but it was hopping all around my dining room really really fast!! I managed to catch it in my washcloth again, then left it on the front porch until the dude came.

5 comments:

lexykay said...

i don't think it's right, but valiant?

Kar said...

Holy crap, you got it!!!

lexykay said...

the german accent hint helped. horray! i finally get to be on the point board!!

Mindy H. said...

I am totally feeling you on the "don't want to be the one to kill it" bench. I won't kill anything that is big enough to make noise when I kill it.

Anonymous said...

Never seen that before... Those are cute pictures of Sadie holding the bird. I wouldn't have wanted to kill it either!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...