Friday, November 13, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday

Which band sang the song in my title? Ten points, baby.

My youngest sis, Lex, turned 22 about a month ago. She was home for the weekend, so of course we had a par-tay. Dad grilled some veggies and pineapple for the occasion, and OMGosh. Amazing:

Can I tell you how much I adore grilled mushrooms? I know that Nat shares this passion with me. :)

Pete was playing with his Precious for most of the night:

I'm poor, so my birthday gift for Lex, per her request, was some homemade rolls. She had to hide them soon after this picture was taken. We are all ravenous when it comes to homemade rolls:

I also made Lex some Better-Than-You-Know-What Cake. Mmmmm:




Dylan decided to take over photography duties for the night. He got some sa-weet shots. Lex:

Pete:

Nat:


I'm bad at making faces for the camera. I can't ever think of anything. I need to come up with a good standby face for silly pictures.
I love this picture that Dylan took of Jake, because you can see Sadie and Troy as blurs in the background. That is so how it is when we all get together. The kids run around like crazy people:


Soon, we banished the kids to the basement and the adults played Tripoley. Mom kept complaining that she couldn't reach the game mat thingey. We joked that she has T-Rex arms, so she posed for a T-Rex picture:

A good time was had by all. Happy Birthday, Lexi-Poohead!

Slides:



6 comments:

Amy said...

The Beatles Baby!! That is the classic song that we play to everyone in my family on their birthday.

Now I will go and read your post and perhaps make another comment.

Amy said...

Okay- I'm back. Happy Birthday to Lex! I love mushrooms too. And that picture that Dyl took of Pete makes me laugh so hard- it makes him look like he is 300 pounds! Ha!

Nat said...

DOH! Amy beat me to it. The Beatles. You need to come up with harder ones, dude.

And yes, mushrooms are my FAVORITE! If it was between eating those and eating, like, vomit, I'd have to really pause and think about it.

The meat was SUPER yummy, though. That marinade was the best!

Gifford Family said...

....Well it's my birthday too! I can't tell ya who sang that... Hmmmm? Cute pics. Dylan is a natural! I think I might need some homemade rolls too! Mmmmmm.

Lyndsay said...

Kar, that food looks so yummy! I need to go visit your parents on my birthday!! And, I think homemade gifts that you can't go buy are the BEST! Those rolls look delicious!

lexykay said...

yeah i ate both of those bags of rolls in a week. by myself. mmmmm homemade rolls rock my socks off

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...