Monday, November 16, 2009

Heyyyyyy. How's da sickie?

Yep, my title is a line from a movie. What movie? Ten points.

Dylan and I were sick about a month ago. Was it the swine flu? Maybe. I couldn't afford co-pays to go find out. So I just took a "prayerful watch-and-wait stance." Yep, another movie line. Ten points for the correct movie on that one, too.

I walked around looking like this for a couple of weeks:


You gotta do what you gotta do.

Dylan was all bundled up, watching TV, and I told him to smile for a picture. This is his weak attempt:


I think that is the funniest picture ever.

Kay. I know this is bad, but I kind of like it when Dylan is sick. Because he just sits still and is quiet. It is AWESOME. Usually, he is a blustering force of nature. It's nice to have kind of a quiet reprieve:


It took us a couple of weeks to recover, but now we're doing well. Dylan is back to his blustery self.

8 comments:

Gifford Family said...

We are finally over it at our house too. Ours was diagnosed swine flu because we were worried about my mother getting it. As soon as we found out that the kids all had it we put her on Tama-flu (sp?) Yucky stuff!

lexykay said...

i'm so glad i got a free swine flue shot. i'm even happier it didn't make me sick.
it sounds weird but i used to love getting sick when i was a kid. it was nice to just cuddle with mom and have her take care of me all day. i had strep throat like twelve times in elementary school so i had plenty of chances to do just that.
and for movie quotes... i don't know what the title is from. but i THINK the "prayerful watch and wait stance" is from Blast from the Past. Is that right?
btw - thanks again for helping me... well lets be honest - pretty much writing my essay for me. i would have NEVER been able to write something that wonderful on my own. you're the best!

Lyndsay said...

I think we all had the Swine Flu the beginning of October/end of September, at least now I hope that is what it was so that we don't get it again! Not fun at all!! Glad you guys are all better!

Amy said...

Being sick is definitely no fun at all. Glad you all are feeling better!

Autumn said...

Hey There! I know it's been a while and I've been absent from the blogging world, but I'm back. :) I miss you, hope you're all doing well these days.

Nat said...

Princess Bride, the grandfather. Boo-yah!

Anonymous said...

LOL Nat!:) I was wondering where those lines were from.

Brynnan is such a better kid when he's sick too. I totally agree with you though, I love it when he's sick...to a certain point of course! Glad you're both doing better!!

Kar said...

Lex and Nat got the answers! Lex is in the lead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...