Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My kids play HARD.

I'm really surprised I haven't had to take them to the hospital for play-related injuries. Seriously. Sadie's injuries are a little less intense than the boys' injuries. I think it's because she's the biggest bully of them all. Last night, Dylan came running into the bathroom while I was bathing Micah, screaming that Sadie had poked both of his eyeballs with her fingers. She is vicious. I put her in time out for the rest of the evening. Eye-gouging is unacceptable. "We must not embrace violence." What movie is that from? Ten points.

So here are Sadie's very small play-related injuries. A little scratch in the middle of her forehead, next to a smudge of ketchup:


That same scratch thing:


A scratch above her right eyebrow:


Dylan - bruise on his cheek:


And this one is from school - a bump on the noggin:

He said a kid jumped off the big toy at school and landed on him, and his forehead whammed against the cement. Sweet.
My poor little Micah has even received some injuries:


Apparently, the three of them were jumping on the bed, and Micah ricocheted off Dylan and into a nearby dresser. I was pretty mad.
Dylan's school has this entire week off, and it has been a nightmare. He is so intensely overwhelming. He reminds me of the Tazmanian Devil from Looney Toons. Just a tornado, going from room to room, shouting, yelling, running into people and hurting them, and creating enormous messes. In the summer, it's not so bad, because I can send him outside. I feel guilty sending him outside when it's 25 degrees. It's been a looooooooong week. And it's only Tuesday. I just wish he would calm down. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll get sick. :)

6 comments:

Megann said...

Well, Lainey threw up this morning. Send Dylan to our house! Yeah, and I'm very surprised you've never taken a kid to the hospital. Lucky you!

Nat said...

Dude, welcome to my world, with the injuries. I wish there was a way to channel little kids' energy into adults-I sure could use some!

Oh, and that line is from Little Women.

J + A Humphreys said...

Kids wouldn't be kids unless they were covered in bruises and dirt and food. James' nickname is "Bruiser" because I think he had a bruise on his head for like 2 years straight.

Don't you wish you could buy patience in bulk at Costco??

Micah is just darling!

Oh ya, my style consultant is Amy (Amouse) - Justin's sister. She helps me dress myself for big occasions since I am kind of challenged. :) :)

Anonymous said...

I think kids are extra tough. At least more tough than I am. Brynnan once fell down the stairs at church, not once, but TWICE!! And didn't let out even a whine!! He's seriously a tough kid. I would say send Dylan over to play, but yeah, we all know how that would go...you probably wouldn't get him back. LOL :P (I'm totally just kidding, btw!!)

Patty said...

Sadie is tough! Gouging eyeballs... yikes!
And how do you and your sisters catalog all these movies!
Geez!

Mindy H. said...

No hospital trips is cause for a huge celebration. I hope your ER-free streak holds out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...