Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dylan's Family Party

Dylan's birthday is on June 12th (this post is really late - sorry), and that night, we had a party just with our family. Dylan is really into Speed Racer lately (we still haven't gone to see it), so I got him a Speed Racer cake from Wal-Mart. They did a good job - it's too bad that store-bought cakes taste like straight shortening. No one else seems to mind, but my philosophy is this - if I'm putting the calories into my body, then they'd better be REALLY YUMMY calories. And I think store-bought cake tastes gross. Same with store-bought cookies and brownies. Anyways, here is the cake:


Dylan made a cute face when everyone was singing Happy Birthday to him:


Blowing out the candles:


My cute mom got Dylan a Speed Racers outfit - here is Ben, modeling it:


Mom also got what Dylan was dying for - a Mach 6 Turbo Booster car. I think that's what it's called. If you pull the spoiler, the car has these guns that come out, and then you can shoot little plastic torpedos out:


Ben's dad and stepmom got Dylan a scooter and a helmet:

Dylan desperately needed a bike - his old one is teeny; we got it when he was two! So Ben and I really sacrificed to get him a bike his size. He wanted a Speed Racer bike, or a Transformers bike, but he was too tall for them, and the bigger bikes don't have themes. Here's the disappointed look on his face when Ben brings out his new bike:

Spoiled little brat. He got over it quickly, though. We were worried that he would have to re-learn how to ride a bike, with such a big change, but he easily made the adjustment:

Dad and Mom, holding the babies:


Nat and Sadie. I think Sadie prefers Nat to me - Nat is better at comforting her when her feelings get hurt, or if she gets hurt. I try to be a comforter, but Sadie is a total drama queen and overreacts to everything, so I'm usually like, "buck up, dude":

Ben and Micah:

Pete and Nat:

My nephew, Jake:

Sadie and Troy:

Brock was really wanting to play with Dylan's Mach 6 Turbo Booster, but Dylan was playing with it, and Brock was upset. You know that age:

8 comments:

Jenny said...

looks like a great birthday! how fun that you had so many family members there! i miss that about being away from home.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I too try to comfort my kids (all of them are drama queens and kings) but I am all "Buck-up and walk it off". Unless there is blood than I guess I let the drama drop and I put a band-aid and kisses.

Amy said...

I agree with you 100% on the store bought cake thing. Would anyone like a tub of lard? But I'm not a real frosting fan either, I usually go the cool whip route for frosting. Oh- and awesome selection on the bike for Dylan. Ethan got the same bike for his birthday. But his bike is on vacation until the broken arm heals. He had too many crashes in the week before the arm- and we definitely don't need two broken arms. Can you even imagine??

Lynita said...

Ah the drama of kids B-day parties! Dylan is so lucky he got a new bike. We are trying to find a way to budget one in for Kaitlyn too. Kaitlyn is such the drama queen too, and I have no sympathy either! It is not bad, believe me you don't want a spoiled brat on your hands. She knows that I love her and will comfort her when she actually needs it, but no gum when she has been naughty is not a reason for me to comfort her! LOL!

Lynita said...

P.S. I love the new page, glad you could fix your header!

Gifford Family said...

Happy belated birthday to Dylan! Looked like a fun party. However, I think Ben enjoyed the shirt more than Dylan, You should have gotten him one also.

Nat said...

Dude, my kids were being awesome that night...

Unknown said...

That picture with ben modeling th speed racer outfit totally cracks me up.
:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...