Friday, June 20, 2008

T-Ball Practice

This practice was the day after I went home from the hospital, so I elected to stay home in Uterine Cramps Land while Ben took Dylan. I got these pictures from April's blog - thanks, Apes. Ben helping Dylan bat:

Dylan running:


I love this picture of the coach, my friend Arin. She's trying to pump them up - so cute. She has done a FABULOUS job of coaching:


And treats, the main motivator for these kids:


Our team elected to just have a couple of practices before the season began, just to show the kids where to run, and to teach them not to throw the bat after they hit the ball. I'm actually kind of glad that there aren't more practices - it's stressful enough to load up all three kids to go to the games!! And at this age, I don't think they need more practices, because t-ball is pretty low-key. Even if a kid gets out, he doesn't have to go sit down. He gets to run all the bases. At the last batter, all the kids get to run home. They don't even keep score!! This league is just a very, very basic introduction. And I think that's good for five-year-olds.

And don't ask me why on earth Dylan was wearing his hat that way. I guess it just seemed like a good idea. :)

3 comments:

anjie said...

looks like fun. It's nice to have a good coach!!

Gifford Family said...

Ah, the begining of kids sports.... it's never ending, but it sure is fun. Hopefully you will be able to make it to one of his games with the new baby.

Amy said...

How did the birthday party go? We've never done t-ball before. Ethan wants to try karate now. One more thing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...