Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Power of McDonald's Toys

Dylan initially begged me to take this video of he and Sadie with their McDonald's toys, because I happened to have my camera in my hand at that moment. I was like, oh, alright... I wasn't going to ever put it on my blog, but it occurred to me that McDonald's toys are significant in my family's life. Consider the following:

1. I can get Dylan to do ANYTHING if I promise him a trip to McDonald's. He doesn't necessarily care about the food. He cares about the toys. But, because of the power of McDonald's toys, I can get him to eat his entire Happy Meal if I promise him the toy after he eats the food.

2. McDonald's toys are so powerful that Dylan becomes a huge fan of movies he hasn't even seen yet. Case in point - he is all about Speed Racer lately. He asked for this special Speed Racer car for his birthday, and he even made up a song about Speed Racer. Has he seen the movie yet? Nope. He makes up stories about Kung Fu Panda. And when he does karate moves in the air, he says, "That's Kung Fu, Panda style." (I think he saw that in a commercial.) Has he seen it? Nope. This same scenario has happened with countless other movies.

3. My kids play with their McDonald's toys more than any other toys. So I keep them around. Our McDonald's toys have lasted for years, where other toys lose my kids' interest usually after a few days. The non-McDonald's toys usually end up in D.I. Heaven after a year or so.

4. McDonald's toys are actually my favorite, because they're good for traveling. If I have a t-ball game, if we're going to church, or if we have to take a long drive or run several errands, they're small enough to fit in my diaper bag.

When it comes to the toys at McDonald's, my family is definitely Lovin' It.

5 comments:

anjie said...

Love the new look. Do you like poke-a-dots?
My kids play with those toys for the ride home and that is about it. Wish I had something so powerfull. (c:

Autumn said...

I'm totally with you on this! I do the same thing with not letting them play with them until after they eat everything. My kids love to play with them forever too.

Anonymous said...

wow, McDonald's toys do not stay around very long. Unless Shawn thinks thay are cool, then they stick around for maybe a month or two, and then I get sick of seeing them and toss them in the trash.

Gifford Family said...

It's too bad that McDonald's food isn't as good as the toys! I can't stand to eat there, but my kids do like the toys!

Jenny said...

my siblings and i used to be real mcdonalds toys lovers. we'd insist on going once a week, so we could get all the toys in a series. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...