Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tag from April



Six of my Quirks:

1. I hate having greasy fingers, so much so that I eat my pizza with a fork. Yes, I could use a napkin and wipe the grease off, but I still feel it, and it drives me crazy!!
2. I'm totally scared of tornadoes. When I was a kid, I read my Great-Grandma Watts' Reader's Digest one day, and there was an article about this town that was destroyed by a tornado. It gave accounts from the people who survived. That article really freaked me out, and from then on, I became a conneisseur of tornados. I insisted on having a basement bedroom in my family's house, and mine had to be the one farthest west, because tornadoes come from the midwest, which is east of Idaho Falls. To this day, I probably have one dream per week about tornadoes, and in each dream, I know exactly what to do - open all upstairs windows, go downstairs, and get under a really sturdy table. Have I ever SEEN a tornado in real life? Nope. But they still freak me out.
3. I have to go pee immediately before bed. If I pee ten minutes before I go to bed, but don't go, my brain plays tricks on me and gets me to think that I have to pee. It's so dumb!
4. I lose everything. And I forget everything. I am famous, in my family, for forgetting to pack underwear for extended trips, and for forgetting food that I've prepared for a barbecue - I always leave it at home. I lost my paycheck on my birthday this year, and a week ago, I accidentally left my debit card in the ATM machine, with the pin number still activated, and the dude that was after me at the ATM machine took advantage of it and withdrew $200. I was devastated. I have to be very, very careful to always put my phone and keys in the same spot the second I get home, because I will forget where they are if I place them anywhere else. I have to literally pat my pants as I open the front door to leave, to feel the keys in my pocket. Because I've locked myself out of my car and my house scores and scores of times. Sigh. It's so frustrating. Sometimes I think that I seriously am mentally handicapped.
5. I have to eat Skittles one color at a time, and two at a time. So I'll eat two oranges at a time, then two greens, etc. The reason I have to eat two at a time is so that each side of my mouth has equal chewing opportunity. I'm serious. I'm worried about chewing on one side too much and causing damage to one side of my mouth.
6. I wear my clothes "in order." This means that I wear the shirt to the farthest left in my closet. After I wear said shirt, and then wash it, it gets hung up on the far right side of my closet. Not kidding. I do this so that I don't have to make decisions - I just wear what's the farthest left - and I do this so that I don't wear the same shirt over and over again.

This post was actually really easy! I'm a bit OCD, as you can see. I have several other quirks that I could mention, but I don't want to freak you out even more! I hereby tag Em, Nat, Pete, Ashley, Nicole, and Brianna.

8 comments:

deannah said...

I love your quirks! I think the way you wear your shirts is a good idea. You've got me thinking now!

Anonymous said...

You Crack me up. (Now I have to think about mine).

anjie said...

Wow. Some good ideas. But what if the next shirt in line is a sweater and it is a warm day? I've noticed that the clothes I pick out for me to wear and my kids clothes I pick out all look alike. I must have been in a "red" mood or something.

Autumn said...

I love you Karlenn! You make my world a little brighter each day I read your blog. Thanks!

Nat said...

Dude, I used to do the shirt thing, but then I would get to the shirts I didn't like, and I would skip them and they would stay in the front for forever. I totally do the skittle thing, too!

Jenny said...

you're so funny. love your quirks. :)

Lynita said...

Okay most of those quirks were so funny, but the ATM one almost made me cry! Seriously, if that happened to me it would be something that my husband would never let me live down, not to mention totally breaking an already devastated budget!

Gifford Family said...

From one OCD to another... I feel your pain. As I read I thought, "I do that" or "good idea". I too eat pizza with a fork, My shirts are hung with short sleeve and long sleeves seperated then I wear the ones on the right and hang on the left! The ladies I work with at school make fun of me all the time. They have given me the nick name "Monk" (have you seen that show?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...