Monday, June 9, 2008

Random Micah Hospital Pictures

Hey. Again, sorry for the delay in posts. Life with three kids is SO BUSY. Plus, I'm trying to put together a birthday party for Dylan for this Saturday. I know; that's a little too ambitious, but all of Dylan's friends have had parties for their fifth birthdays, and Dylan and I already planned it all out weeks ago. So I'm going to do my best. (Amy, thanks for telling me about that website. I got tons and tons of great ideas for the party. You rock.)

Another reason for the delay is that I've just been... too grumpy to post. My friend, Alicia, once said that on her blog. She just felt too grumpy to do it. And that's how I've been for the past several days. Micah continues to give us a run for our money. He'd just rather not nap. Ever. Which then makes him grumpy. But we're sticking to our guns and sticking to a schedule. Sometimes miracles happen and he actually sleeps. But mainly, nope. He'll get it figured out. It took three weeks to get Sadie on a schedule when she was a newborn - I just need to remember that it takes time.

My health...well, I'm doing okay. I had to go into an Instacare on Saturday to get more antibiotics for this killer bladder infection. So the meds for the pain and urgency feelings are helping a ton. The mastitis is gone. I only pump about four times a day now, and it continues to be a really emotional thing for me, to watch my milk supply slowly wane. I don't know why I'm so emotional about it. I guess I just had such high hopes that I could finally get breastfeeding to work with at least one of my kids, and again, it didn't.

And I just want to say, thanks for reading and commenting. To know that so many people understand and support me really makes a huge difference in my ability to cope. I have the best friends and family in the world!! Sorry about the long epistle! Here are the final pictures of just Micah in the hospital. Next time I'll post pics of my family when they came to visit me there.

Even though Micah is a difficult newborn, I still love him to pieces. I could kiss his little toes and face all day long.





In the following picture, you can see the dang bilirubin light glowing from behind Micah. I hate those things! But they're a necessary evil for a jaundiced baby. Micah's jaundice is finally under control, so we're getting him circumcized this Thursday. Poor boy. He won't be a happy kid.



8 comments:

Nat said...

Dangit, I need to come see him! But life with four...

anjie said...

He is such a cutie! Hope the schedule works out soon. I don't know what to say, just hope things get better soon. It's hard when we wait so long for the baby and then when they come- it's hard still. Keep posting! You keep it real on your blog and I love that. So many I read make me feel like a crappy mom. They are showing perfect dinners they made and amazing photos. That can't be reality. I'm lucky to get dinner on the table and a picture that has my kids face in it.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts. I hope Micah gets things figured out soon. My kids had there days and nights mixed up...it was hard.
Hang in there and hopefully these meds will help with the infection.
Hang in there!

Layton Mom said...

If it makes you feel any better Stacy still isn't on a shcedule. No matter how hard I try she just won't do it. Somedays I just want to scream. However, now that she will sit and occupy herself it isn't as bad. I guess what I am trying to say is it will get better.

Nicole said...

Hang in there Karlenn! He WILL figure out sleeping. And it will happen sooner than later, I'm sure. When you're in the midst of it, it feels like ETERNITY and then you look back and realize that unscheduled schedule was so brief and wouldn't it be so nice to have that teeny little helpless newborn back? I can't believe my little man is SIX MONTHS. Just enjoy...and chalk your emotions up to some screwy hormones. They're REAL!!!

Gifford Family said...

Love the pictures! What a cutie. Do the other two just adore him? My mom is doing better, hopefully she will be out after a couple more weeks of physical therapy. I am feeling better also, I don't know if it is less stress because I am done with school, or if I am finally done with the morning sickness. Did I tell you we are having a boy? Austin was extremely relieved to find this out. He was feeling outnumbered! Wish we were closer so we could come see you guys! Get feeling better.

J + A Humphreys said...

Karlenn, CONGRATULATIONS!! It was so fun to get your email. Micah is darling and sooo tiny. It always surprises me that babies actually come out that tiny. So glad to see that your family is doing so well up in Idaho. Looks like you have had quite the adventure with this new little guy, AND you seem so upbeat about it. Congrats to you! Dylan and Sadie look so cute. Good to hear from you.

Lynita said...

Dude, a bladder infection right after mastitis! That is terrible! I have a UTI myself right now and we just had a gnarly heat wave, and I am moving tomorrow. So I think I can imagine your pain. I am sorry that the breast feeding didn't work out for you, but at least we live in an age of great formula. I had to wean my kids earlier than I wanted too, so I hope I can go the whole year with this one. The most important thing is that your little man is doing well, even if he struggles with the sleep schedule! I am so glad that you are taking it with a grain of salt, I am sure he will be a very easy baby in no time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...