Monday, January 26, 2009

Just Hanging Around

When we were in Chelan for a week during Christmas time, we just did a lot of lounging around. Which I loved. Lots of games; lots of movies. We slept in, we took naps, and we just enjoyed being lazy.

Here are Dylan and Gloria (Ben's mom), playing checkers:


Here is Mr. Grumpy:

He's starting to get annoyed by my picture-taking, I think. He yelled at me last night when I was trying to take a picture of him doing a Pilates video. It was just so funny! But he didn't think so. He full-on yelled at me. Maybe he'll be less grumpy when he gets a job. I know it would help with my grumpiness...

Gloria, playing Rummikub:


I had never played Rummikub before, and I really liked it. I had a roommate who played Rummikub with her boyfriend constantly.
Greg, playing Rummikub:


Greg is Ben's stepdad. He is soooo funny when he plays games. He just sits and thinks... and thinks.... and thinks.... At one point, I said, "Greg, should I go get my book to read while it's your turn??"
Ben also dusted off his old slot car racing track. He wanted to buy one for Dylan for Christmas so badly, but they're like sixty bucks, so it didn't happen. So he was really excited about his old one still being in the basement. He and Dylan had a ball playing with it:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except for the excruciating travel to and from Chelan, I'm glad you guys got to go spend the week with his Mom.

Patty said...

I totally have the Led Zepplin shirt Ben is wearing. Yikes. Bikes.

Nat said...

What a fun break! I wish traveling to my in-laws was as relaxing; I'm always so worried about my kids getting into stuff, or getting picked on, and I never sleep very well, etc.

Anonymous said...

Lazy days are so much fun!! My kids would've loved to play with Ben's old race track too!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...