Saturday, January 3, 2009

Stingey


This is Dylan's school picture. I thought of getting re-takes, but then I thought to myself, "Why bother? He'll just do his dumb fake smile again, and I can't be there to make him smile normally. And the Bell Photography dudes don't care if he doesn't smile normally." So I'm glad we got those pictures taken by Megan. Because he's smiling normally in those.

But anyways, back when we got these, in November, maybe? Mom wanted a 5X7 to put in her frame at her house. So she told Dylan she wanted one, and Dylan was like, "Um, my teacher says that grandmas can't have these pictures." I told Dylan that he was lying, and he's like, "Noooo! Grandmas aren't allowed to have them!" Mom and I figured out that, for whatever reason, Dylan did not want to give a picture to her. He was wanting to cut them up and distribute them among his friends, but I guess Mom isn't cool enough to have a picture of him? I, obviously, overrode his decision not to give one to Mom, so for now, she has this fake smile picture in the frame, but I'll give her a cute one by Megan when I can afford to get them printed.

Parenthetically, I asked Ben to get our pictures printed for my anniversary gift (our anniversary is January 13), but he just went to some store and got something for me. So, um, I guess I'm not getting them printed as my gift? Hm.

6 comments:

Lynita said...

Kar, he is such a riot. I tell you that kids are truly born with their own personalities! I think it is a cute picture. Incidentally, Kaitlyn is doing her fake smile in her picture too! I will scan it in soon and post so you can have a laugh!

Nat said...

Jake's school pic is really awesome, too. And it's so funny when they get little ideas in their heads about what they can and can't do.

Angela said...

OK- I'm a bit behind but I had to tell you how much I love your bedroom. I bet you are loving it!

lexykay said...

haha i love the last paragraph hinting towards ben. heehee, very smooth kar

Soozee Carmichael said...

I remember this one time when I was a kid I had forgotten it was school picture day and had worn a really old (yet my favorite) t-shirt to school and when we got the pictures back my mom was really mad that I hadn't looked nicer in my pics.

Anonymous said...

School photographs are so boring! LOL I guess I'm biased though, but I hope I'm not the only that thinks my photography is better than the school stuff! Hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...