Monday, April 19, 2010

Church in Jammies

Oh, how I love General Conference. Not only because we can wear jammies for church that weekend, but also because I love to hear from the prophet and his apostles. Elder Holland's talk was my favorite, as usual. He's my homeboy.

Ben and Micah relaxing while watching the Sunday morning session:

I regret to say that I wasn't able to listen as well as I would have liked. My kids were loud. I was distracted on Saturday by needing to make a grocery list, and I was distracted Sunday by the fact that I needed to shower and make some food. I need to hop online and read the ones I missed. At least I didn't sleep through it, right? That's usually my problem. Those men have the most soothing voices ever. Maybe I should listen to conference on Ben's iPod so I can fall asleep at night... Last night was a killer.


When the menfolk went to Priesthood Session on Saturday night, Nat and her fam and my mama came over to party. We had pizza before they left, and then brownies when they came back. Yum. I never get tired of pizza.


Some highlights from our Priesthood Party, or PP, as I'm now calling it -


Sadie wanted to watch a My Little Pony movie. She soon lost interest, but guess who was riveted from beginning to end?

Yep. Our two manly six-year-old boys. Hilarious.


Nat and Sadie bonded over their strawberry blondeness:

Sades is such a cuddle bug.


Ivy was starting to get unhappy, so I found a doll that Sadie got for Christmas and hasn't touched since. That made Ivy very, very happy:


She loves babies. And shoes. Such a girly girl. Sades has never been into dolls.


Goodbye, Conference. I'll miss you until this fall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was the only one who listened to conference over here lol and I'm the 'Apostate'!!!

I totally listened to it online with headphones, if the hubby wasn't going to listen... well, then he could tend the kidlets :)

PS I even read the 'liveblogging' on the priesthood session... hows that for wanting to listen. GO ME, I have never listened to all the sessions of conference before. Well, at least intentionally without getting bored etc...

Anonymous said...

I understand about distractions! Good for you that you didn't fall asleep. I have to have an afternoon nap. I die without it!:P How fun that you hung out with your fam during the preisthood session! I wish we could do that.

Nat said...

Dude, Sadie has, like, never ever acknowledged my existance-until that night. It really surprised me that she wanted to cuddle with me. And I love that the boys watched My Little Pony. That's a total blackmail picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...