Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Long Time Coming

Two of the buildings Ben has designed at his job are actually being built. It's so exciting!! The first is kind of like an airport for jets. It's called Spaceport America. I keep asking Ben to send me a rendering to put on here, and he keeps forgetting. But I'll keep asking.

The second is a charter school here in I.F. They actually had a ground-breaking ceremony last week, and it was on the news! Here's the link to the news cast:
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12280873

They interviewed Ben's boss; I was kind of disappointed. After all, it's Ben's design. But oh well.

The picture they show in the newscast is a little fuzzy. Here is a better rendering that's on our computer:

Ben's original concept was to have grass on the rooftops, but it would have been too expensive, I guess.

It's so gratifying to see so many years of hard work and schooling come to fruition. I think he is so artistically gifted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Way to go Ben! That is so cool! I love the idea of having grass on the roof. Too bad they aren't going to do it!

Nat said...

That's very cool-looking! I like the grass on the roof, but how would you mow it? Hmm. Although I was thumbing through a magazine the other day and it had a house that had moss on the top-it didn't really need dirt or rain, it just kind of did it's thing. Very cool.

Unknown said...

*crossing my fingers* I Hope hope hope my kids get accepted... and the design is WAY cool! Go BEN!!!

Brad Jones said...

Wow - that is impressive!
What a FUN job!
Congrats Ben.

Camille said...

Sorry - that was actually me (Camille) that last commented. I HATE it when my hubs logs into my computer and forgets to log out!

Maggi said...

Hiyya, Kar!! 'Pril sent me a link to your blog so I could see Ben's TOTALLY AWESOME design!!! THIS ROCKS!!! Congratulations to him! you have the cutest family, too. I don't believe I've met them. Congrats on your future son!!! (I love the name "Gage." What if he doesn't look like a "Gage" after he's born?)

J + A Humphreys said...

Wow, that is awesome. Good for Ben and putting all that learning to good use. It will be so fun for your kids to know that their dad designed that building.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...