Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Forgetful Jones, Spring 2010 Edition

I wrote last fall about Ben being Forgetful Jones. Ben=kettle. Me=pot. I think I'm worse than he is, really. I've been especially bad since I got pregnant. Some recent Major Forgets:

1. I forgot to take Sadie to dance class one day. Just totally spaced it.

2. I do the ward bulletin. The second counselor called me last week to tell me the two speakers for Sunday's sacrament meeting. We had a lengthy discussion on how to spell the second speaker's last name. When I finally got around to doing the bulletin (on Saturday, because I'm a procrastinator), I could not remember who the second speaker was. After the lengthy discussion of the spelling of his name, and everything!! It was High Council Sunday, but the speakers were both people in our ward that I know! How could I have forgotten the second speaker? I called a million people, and no one was at home to help me out. I left messages, and I finally found out who the second speaker was, at 10:30 at night on Saturday.

3. Sadie had to do the scripture and prayer in Primary on Sunday. I completely spaced that. I think one of the ladies in the Primary presidency had to help her. They all told me what a good job she did when I went up to get her from the Primary room after the block. Oops.

4. Yesterday, I had my 20 week appointment. The lady told me to go on back and pee in a cup before going into the examination room. So I go in to the bathroom, and I was thinking about our car situation, and I just... peed right into the toilet. Like normal. I realized wayyy too late that I had forgotten to pee in the cup, and I didn't have one more drop to give. I had to go out and tell the nurse I had no pee to give her. She laughed and said that I could just wait until next month. I felt so dumb.

Just don't ask me to remember anything important until after I have this baby, mmmkay?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to say I was "Forgetful Jones" all the time... I guess having the maiden name of Jones kina lends to that. :)

Being Preggo does that to people, no feeling a=bad about it allowed!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! That's hilarious you couldn't remember the others:) I'm sooo forgetful now it's not even funny! I forget things all the time! *SIGH* It's a mommy and a pregnancy thing.

Nat said...

I swear when a woman is pregnant the baby takes EVERYTHING of hers, including her brain for a while! Things like that are totally normal.

Nat said...

So, I just wrote comments on, like, the last 10 posts you did. I've been sucking it up lately on reading/commenting on blogs. So now you can go back and read them, because my comments are SO high quality!

Lyndsay said...

I'm right there with ya. Sunday, during Sacrament I remembered that Ryan had a talk for Primary that day. Ugh. At least we had a Friend magazine with us, he quickly picked out a story & just read it...

J + A Humphreys said...

I feel the exact same way. I ask the same questions twice, don't turn things off, can't remember what I did, send birthday cards with a fun 'go shopping on us' note and then don't put in the money. Awesome. There is a stat that shows you lose a certain % of brain funtion while prego and with each child. No wonder moms are crazy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...