Thursday, April 22, 2010

Per Request - Oven Barbecue Country Ribs

Okay, friends who wanted this recipe (which involves the abominable buying of brandy). Here it is:

Oven Barbecue Country Ribs

10-12 country-style pork spare ribs
1 jar chili sauce
12 ounces brandy
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

Place the ribs in a spacious roasting pan. Mix the chili sauce, brandy, and brown sugar thoroughly. Pour over ribs and bake slowly, covered, at 325 degrees for 3 hours.

*I actually put the ribs in my crock pot and poured the mixture over the ribs. It worked just fine. You can do it either way. This recipe is insanely simple.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, sounds good...

Emily Empey said...

YAY!!! I am excited ! I am going to try it Monday! haha!

Mindy H. said...

Brown sugar and brandy?!?!? This just might be my mother's new favorite recipie! Remind me to tell you about her secret ingredient for killer Thanksgiving turkeys! Hint: It is also the secret ingredient for both sides of our families drunken-karaoke Christmas parties.

Nat said...

I haven't made crockpot ribs in a zillion years. I'm going to have to whip that out, maybe on Sunday. And then I can make my cheesy potatoes, and have ribs instead of gross cube steaks. *sigh* I've really got to take cube steaks out of my recipe rotation.

Camille said...

Thanks - gonna have to try it - if I can get up the courage to go to the liquor store - after I find out where one is at!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...