Thursday, April 29, 2010

An Eggstremely Eggsciting, Eggsistential Eggcercise

I don't even really know what "existential" means. I just wanted to put as many "egg"-like words in my title as I could. I should know what it means. But I don't. As a former English major, I am ashamed. But not really.

I was so busy Easter weekend that I didn't dye eggs with my kiddos. I had gotten this really luxurious Paas dyeing kit, and I was sad I didn't get a chance to get 'er done. I decided it was better late than never, though, so we dyed our Easter eggs a day after Easter. True story. It was an easy Family Home Evening. That's how I look at it.

This kit was nutty. In addition to the egg dye, it had glitter, foil, stamps, stencils, beads, paint, you name it. So here I am, explaining the different options, and how to do each one:

Dyls was a fan of the stamps. You can't see his egg very well in this pic, but he stamped this one:

Sades was a fan of painting. Every single one of her eggs looked like this:

Little dots on just one side of the egg. She was proud of her eggs.


Micah just walked around, pulling off his dang 3D glasses and whining for me to put them back on him again. Sigh:

They had these awesome rubber bands that you could put around the eggs that were so tight, the dye couldn't seep in. So you could make white stripes. Ben did a bunch of those:

I was so busy helping the kids that I only had a chance to dye and decorate one egg. I decided to use the beads option. You just put this glue on the egg, and then press the beads on with a toothpick. I made one for Ben that says "Dad":

I'm not a fan of the beads.


We peeled the eggs the next night and made deviled eggs to go with dinner. When I say "we," I mean Sadie and I, of course. She's my little chef. I could have just had nothing but deviled eggs for dinner and called it good. I love me some deviled eggs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm deviled eggs :) Our got made into egg salad sandwiches!

The Dillons said...

Ymmmm I am a huge deviled eggs fan! Just ask Angie! I always made her make them. Those eggs turned out great, I love dying eggs! It is my favorite thing to do during Easter :)

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I love decorating eggs. This year was nice because we bought a kit that had stickers so it was easy:)

I LOVE deviled eggs! YUM!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...