Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On a day I didn't have to mother the children of strangers...


This was a day at the park sans abandoned three-year-olds, luckily. I look at this and can't even believe that there are roughly six inches of snow on the ground this morning.

Springs in Idaho. They're ridiculous.

I did get approached by those same gossipey fifth-or-sixth grade girls, though. They were hanging out at the park, as usual. They remind me of the Greasers from The Outsiders. The park is their Turf. Anyways, they informed me that, a few days earlier, when Dylan and Breckyn were playing in Breckyn's backyard (which borders the park), they were throwing rocks over the fence at the girls, and a couple of rocks hit that same three-year-old girl.

Nice.

Dylan and Breckyn need supervision, I've discovered. Last week, they were hanging out at the park with Breckyn's cousin, Taya. Apparently, somehow, they tipped one of those really heavy picnic tables over onto this poor little girl, badly bruising her legs. I found out about it when Taya's white trash mom came over and yelled at Dylan. True story. She came to the door, and when I opened it, she was seething. I had no idea who she was or what was going on. She had scraggly hair down to her butt, a pierced nose, and an oxygen tank with tubes going into her nose. Also, she was sporting Daisy Duke shorts and about ten pounds of makeup on her face. She asked for Dylan, and then proceeded to scream at him and threaten him.

It was really neat.

Needless to say, Dylan has been grounded all this week. No friends, and no computer. I'm really liking the No Computer thing. I really should make it permanent. He is so obsessed with computer games, and it drives me batty.

Part of me very much wants to ban Dylan from hanging out with Breckyn. But I imagine how I would have felt if one of my parents had banned me from hanging out with one of my friends. I would have rebelled, I think. What I need to do is teach Dylan correct principles, and then challenge him to be an example to his friends.

And I need to go with him every time he is at the park, apparently.

One more week until we get him some drugs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hopefully he will be much easier to handle once he gets his meds. Sorry that you have found he has to have constant supervision... maybe the drugs will help that too? Never know...

Anyhow... Merry Christmas and a bird to Old Man Winter from me.

PS the authorization word is "schizith" reminds me of a replacement word for "shit" in the scriptures...
"For thou are full to the top with schizith!"

Nat said...

I think you're right: maybe teach him different scenarios, like "If Breckyn is throwing rocks, what do you think you should do?"

Emily Zoe Hale said...

Oh The Outsiders! A personal favorite of mine. I love the way you described the "white trash" mom with her tank. I can totally picture her.

Lyndsay said...

Oh wow, Kar! Glad the little girl was okay. And I can only imagine what I would do should some scrazy (oops I meant to type scary & crazy but I think I just made a new word) lady came to my door and yelled at my kid!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...