Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Next Julia

My little Sadie girl is OBSESSED with cooking. Any kind. If I'm in the kitchen for any reason, even just getting a glass of water, she jets right in and says, "Are you cooking? Can I help?"


When I'm actually cooking, I usually let her help, though it's hard for me to do. When Sades is involved, cooking takes longer than usual. And we have had a few incidents, one involving my recipe box and a big pot of boiling water. Needless to say, I've had to call mom once to get a recipe that got boiled away, and I'm sure there are many more of those phone calls to come.

It really is so good to have one-on-one time with her, though. And I feel good knowing that she is going to know how to cook when she gets to college.

She's starting to get into some pretty complicated fare. Here she is, rolling out scones, then cutting a little breathing hole in the middle of each scone:

Impressive, right?

I have to make dinner tonight. In addition, I bought some gorgeous-looking rhubarb and strawberries at the store yesterday, which I'm making into a pie. So I'm sure Sadie and I will have lots of one-on-one time tonight. Ugh... standing for that long hurts my pelvic bone so BADLY, but that's life in the fast lane, right?

5 comments:

Camille said...

Maybe Sadie and Jameson could get together and COOK US dinner for once! How does that sound?

lexykay said...

is it sad when you're little niece can cook better than you? i think so....

J + A Humphreys said...

Sadie is such a cutie. I'm glad she's all domestic since she's your only girl. :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! Brynnan loves to help in the kitchen too. Not as much as Sadie, though. That's so great that you let her help out. I'd probably say no all the time. LOL

Nat said...

Lately my boys have really been into trying to help with dinner. I really need to try and harness that instead of shooing them out of the kitchen...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...